When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phillip Seymour Hoffmann! RIP

whoever

I never liked him anyway. But i guess i hade his fans out there. And when i think if it, i never saw a good movie with him in it! Remember one when he robs his dad/mom (or something like that) with his brother, oohhh maaan that was a crap movie!

Edited by F.Castro

I remember his stellar performance in MI:3, and that was the first movie I noticed him in.

When someone dies, he has essentially paid for whatever he has done wrong in life. Lets not judge him further. 

RIP Mr Hoffman. 

This news made me rather sad, Mr. Hoffman was a truly gifted actor. Just two nights ago I was chuckling at his role in "The Big Labowski". Phillip was truly a great artist and chameleon actor who could step way outside his persona and steal the scene time after time.

I have met and know so many famous people and sold them art to include PH Hoffman,

ten years ago her in Caesars I sold him a painting which impressed me as he had good taste in art. Phillip was also an engaging, witty guy who I liked very much.

I hate boring the good guys here at the forum here with my name dropping, but it is interesting, Phil's demeanor was so unguarded and frank, that he made me feel like he was a truck driver from Kansas with a grasp of the world which seemed wise and satirical.

What is sad is that Phillip was almost a decade younger than myself. He should not have died. Heroin is an irresistible death sentence to those who become ensnared in the ruthless hold it has upon the addict. Listen to Lou Reed's song "Heroin", it says it all.

I'm heart broken by the loss of this guy. Perhaps his passing will save lives. To many good people have kicked the bucket from shooting up this poison.

If anyone who is reading this post has an addiction to H, take advantage of one of two things the Nazis did right, first being rocket tech, and second the synthesizing of methadone, a morphine alternative. Methadone allows the addict to function day to day without being high or climbing the walls for a fix. There are corporate CEO's who are 20 years on Methadone and it saved their lives.

OK that's my preaching for this year.

Bless everyone.

post-3251-0-32830600-1391420140_thumb.jp

Yes it is very sad- I always enjoyed his work very much. A very realistic actor, hard to find.

And I think it's also sad that we sit here and pass judgement. Alcoholism/Drug Addiction is a complicated 'diesease', not simply defined a a moral issue

involving degenerate weaklings with no 'will power'. Many times it has a genetic basis. BTW- I would say that Suboxone ( buprenorphine) has become the more popular

opiate substitute. Can be done outpatient in a private doctor's office, without much hassle. Of course the drugs & alcohol are a small problem overall. It's a 'brain disorder'

involving the neural circuits for reward/avoidance. Plus, the ever present danger of 'relapse' even after a period of sobriety, as what seemed to happen here. That's why people

keep attending AA/NA, etc. They know if they don't keep a vigilant state this is the fate that may await them.

Never thought a thread like That would be a place for such insane comments.

Ever thought about addictions as an illness??? You guys sound like in 1942.

Please admins, close this down.

This is a shame!

Agreed. Takes all kinds to make this world what itis. Going to have a douche bag or two here and there with clowns like that.

You know what, we onely have/most do one thing in this life and that is to die! Have you thought of that? Everything ells we can change or chouse not to do ect. But this guy loved his heroin over his own famely, its a disease yes, But there is a cure for it, but there is No cure from death.

Last time I checked here is no cure for addiction, treatments yes but no cure. We can't even cure cancer....

Bottom line there are those that "use" drugs, most of those are not able to stop without intervention (detox, rehab, etc) of those there are some that even after rehab continue to get pulled back into the drugs/alcohol/gambling etc. It's these that are the true addicts, people that likely have a neurotransmitter (NT) imbalance in their brain such that they function better with the drugs. The drugs either stimulate deficient NT in their brain or depress their brains response to the excess NT in their brain. It is thought that most of the true addicts are simply undiagnosed bipolar or some other organic brain disease patients. If identified and given treatment for their underlying disease the symptom of "addiction" disappears. These people are self medicating in an attempt to right the chemical (NT) imbalance in their brains. And then there are the people that simply put addiction is their underlying disease, usually see this in people with gambling or sex addictions. They have an imbalance in their reward system (dopamine), same with some over eaters. Until the social stigma is tampered these people will not seek help and even then science will need to develop proper treatment to help these people.

Is it sad that he died and left behind a partner and three children, yes. Do you also yell and scream when a diabetic dies and leaves a family behind? Or a hypertensive patient strokes and dies leaving a family?

What i meent by cure was just rehab ect, a normal person shouldent let there fameli suffer like this. And diabetic is far from the same thing, im afraid!

you mean "normal" people......ok....so all the "non- normal people" should be concentrated in a camp.....and well.....

jesus, guys, i asked an admin to close this down, i hope he'll do it!

How on earth can somebody say:"he deserves it!" unless its Adolf Hitler....ok.....but, a DRUG ADICT IS A NORMAL PERSON WITH A MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE. I work in mental health, and your arguments are a shame to democracy!

SHUT THE THREAD DOWN! 

and show some respect all of you!