When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

any mods for TC sub v6?

jack219

Hi.

im going to buy gen insert for my new TC sub v6.

which another mods are necessary?

i know gen insert is must but im not looking for spend extea money for gen parts unless its an important for the look of TC sub and meningful to improve the look of TC sub compared to gen sub.

gen crystal and crown are really necessary? how is the quality of TC crystal & crown?

Thanks

Jack 

If you don't like the TC insert, get a different insert and use the pearl from the TC. If you want to spend the $$$ for a rolex insert go for it. Most of the other parts are very gen like. But yes they are interchangeable with gen. The reason you are not getting that much response is this is been discussed many times before, also these subs are VERY gen like on the wrist.

• Like 1

If you don't like the TC insert, get a different insert and use the pearl from the TC. If you want to spend the $$$ for a rolex insert go for it. Most of the other parts are very gen like. But yes they are interchangeable with gen. The reason you are not getting that much response is this is been discussed many times before, also these subs are VERY gen like on the wrist.

thank you.

:)

Possible mods (in my order of preference)

1) Gen Insert

2) Gen crown and tube

3) Gen crystal

4) find a TC v3 bracelet and swap the v4 clasp onto it

and if you are really crazy

5) Gen bracelet

6) Gen dial, hands, and movement

thank you.

but except the insert which mods are really improtant and critical?

i ordered a gen insert but im not going to spend extra money for mods and parts that not really meningful and the difference compared to gen is a TINY.

i dont find a possible mods, i find needs mods.

2. i dont understand- you say the clasp in v3 better than v4? put the clasp of v3 on v4? 

my tc has v4 bracelet.

Thanks

Jack

thank you.

but except the insert which mods are really improtant and critical?

i ordered a gen insert but im not going to spend extra money for mods and parts that not really meningful and the difference compared to gen is a TINY.

i dont find a possible mods, i find needs mods.

2. i dont understand- you say the clasp in v3 better than v4? put the clasp of v3 on v4? 

my tc has v4 bracelet.

Thanks

Jack

No mods are really 'important and critical' for the v6, IMO ... even the insert. Others may differ in opinion, but it's really that good. Perfectionists may want more, but we're talking only minor improvements which may or may not be worth spending the extra money on. It's really up to the owner and the budget. Gen crown is obviously more accurate as would the crystal be, but is that going to make a huge difference to a majority of people, no. In fact, a majority of the people wouldn't know the difference between the v6 insert and the gen either.

If you are trying to pass it off as gen among a bunch of gen owners who know the watch well (like many of us here), then do all the upgrades (even the really crazy ones). They will even be able to spot the dial and hands differences and the fit and finish of the bracelet. If you just want it to look good around normal people, then you didn't even need to do the insert. Since you have it coming already, just install it and be done.

I did not say the v3 clasp is better than the v4. Quite the opposite. The v3 bracelet is widely regarded as being better, but the v4 clasp is better than the v3's. Plenty of threads about it.

• Like 2

No mods are really 'important and critical' for the v6, IMO ... even the insert. Others may differ in opinion, but it's really that good. Perfectionists may want more, but we're talking only minor improvements which may or may not be worth spending the extra money on. It's really up to the owner and the budget. Gen crown is obviously more accurate as would the crystal be, but is that going to make a huge difference to a majority of people, no. In fact, a majority of the people wouldn't know the difference between the v6 insert and the gen either.

If you are trying to pass it off as gen among a bunch of gen owners who know the watch well (like many of us here), then do all the upgrades (even the really crazy ones). They will even be able to spot the dial and hands differences and the fit and finish of the bracelet. If you just want it to look good around normal people, then you didn't even need to do the insert. Since you have it coming already, just install it and be done.

I did not say the v3 clasp is better than the v4. Quite the opposite. The v3 bracelet is widely regarded as being better, but the v4 clasp is better than the v3's. Plenty of threads about it.

Very realistic and sound advice

• Like 1

thanks for your widely explanation.

i want my TC sub will be as close as to gen but i dont the budget for all this upgrades now, if you say its a minor improvments, i will not do it now. (except the insert that i already ordered)

about the bracelet- why TC upgraded the bracelet to v4 if v3 is better? 

how can I know which bracelet I have in my sub?

Jack

about the bracelet- why TC upgraded the bracelet to v4 if v3 is better? 

how can I know which bracelet I have in my sub?

Jack

You will have the v4.

Version number 'upgrades' are unfortunately not always upgrades. If you did your research you would know about the differences between the v3 and v4 TC bracelets and why there were changes.

• Like 1

You will have the v4.

Version number 'upgrades' are unfortunately not always upgrades. If you did your research you would know about the differences between the v3 and v4 TC bracelets and why there were changes.

can i get from TC v3 bracelet or He did not provide it anymore?