When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Its ALIVE!

fraggle42

Ok, I only dismantled it to take the crystal out to send off to Sunnydale for new AR, but having got the crystal back today I thought I'd put it back together.

Keyless works have been a bane for my very short and inexperienced watchsmithery life, so pulling the crown on this damn nice and not cheap 7750 Tag Heuer Carrera did make me damn nervous, and I haven't been looking forward to putting it back together.

But it's all gone swimmingly! Even the movement holder tabs and their screws, hiding right down at the bottom of slots in the movement ring, straight in. Keyless works, after aligning it up properly, no problem.

The day didn't want to change from the crown until i flicked it over one day by winding the hands and then it was fine.

I feel like framing this watch and putting it on the wall :) It'll never go this smoothly again!

Woohoo!

I'll try to do the same with the 42mm PO tomorrow - so expect lots of swearing and cursing as the whole movement explodes all over the garage :D