When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Packages being held at customs...

Dreamer

Hey guys, I had a package recently come from Germany and it came into NY customs...its been there for almost 10 days with no new updates. Should I be worried? What are you experiences with this? It's only a VAC no hole AP clasp

February 10, 2014 , 11:28 am

Processed Through Sort Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

February 6, 2014 , 2:20 am

FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY

February 4, 2014 , 10:26 am

Acceptance

GERMANY

I also have another package thats coming from the Netherlands its being held at the same location. and this one is substantially more expensive so I'm a little bit worried about this one as well

Inbound Into Customs

February 19, 2014 , 4:03 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

February 17, 2014 , 9:47 am

AMSTERDAM INTERNATIONAL MAIL CENT, NETHERLANDS

I actually started a thread a few days ago asking the same question as I had two incoming watch deliveries showing held in customs since February 12th. Tracking finally showed being released from customs on Monday 2/17 with no other updates. My watches were delivered Tuesday, February 18th. For peace of mind, I contacted the dealer to see if they were aware of any problem with inbound customs, and they said everything should be fine. The only thing I can attribute the delay to was the slew of bad weather that affected the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast last week.

Phil

Us customs like all customs agencies are Govt bureaucracies . They run at their own pace! When packages pile up like during the Christmas rush, they take longer. During the past few weeks the East coast has been hammered by Snow,Ice and abnormal cold. Both FedEx and UPS have been running warning notices on their websites about delivery interruptions in the East. I wouldn't worry, they will show up. I believe the IPSC for the East coast is out at Kennedy Airport, so for some days, probably half the workers couldn't get to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

CNY and U.S. weather are hard on patience. I've had a package stuck in GUANGZHOU for a long time. I'm wearing out the tracking website!