When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally Arrived

zippin23

My new milgauss finslly arrived and everyone who advised me was correct . I purchased it before joining this site, so it happened to be a dealer not on the list. It arrived with a date window bubble. Lol This milgausshas no date. So, i tried to remove it and cracked the glass. The clasp is the old style which was not the style in the pic. The band is sloppy too. Sooooo, awaiting toolsto show so I can make it the way I want. Any advice on tightening up the band around the base, ordering and measuring glass and finding the new style clasp be appreciated. :-)

post-61705-0-03014700-1393705541_thumb.j

Www.fobreplicas.com I don't recommend them. Communication was great, but the watch I received wasnt the one I ordered.

It would be handy to post the site you ordered from  so that others could be warned off buying from this shyster operation. You got had brother, that's cheap Canal St. junk.
Thanks, you put it up before I finished typing!! It's really hard to tell what size the crystal is, as well as the construction of the case, it might accept a gen or aftermarket crystal, who knows. Probably a glued on crystal. AFA the bracelet, not sure what you mean by the base adjustment? Maybe a couple of photos. I wouldn't spend a lot of time and effort on this watch, it's probably not worth modding or even repairing. You learned a good and valuable lesson, next time it will be a lot harder to fool you ;) useful as a practice watch to learn a little about  taking one apart and looking at what makes it "tick"

I'll use it to learn some repairs. I doubt it runs long, so I'll get a chance to work on a movement.

This site is one of the scam sites, lots of photos of genuine watches, no descriptions at all, just a picture and a price. But a really slick website with their on "review" section. Wonder if they would post. "this Milgauss you sold me is a POS"!! All set up to troll in the unsuspecting noobs!!

• Like 1

Zip whatever you paid just consider it lost but using as a practice watch to gain skill is a least something. Why don't you get a nice watch conus from the M2M sales here no wait just buy off a known guy so no surprises. I have many many watches(40+), bought from dealers maybe 3-4, remember buy the seller not the watch!

Im sorry you got scammed, but at least you found the Community, and you wont get scammed again. I hope you enjoy your time here. There is a beautiful new Milgauss for sale in the sales section right now. The owner is flipping it, since it doesnt suit him.

Im interested in it and have messaged him. Lets see in he responds. Do you guys know the fellow? Thanks in advance for the lead!!

Thanks everyone especially Mike for all the help in getting my first good quality rep. Now what did I actually get? Haha Is it a clone or what?

Well at least you took the experience positively and am learning and moving forward in a winning way. Kudos to you! :)

Next time, please order from one of the dealers listed here. They are not 100% problem free either, but they are a lot more responsible.

Zip glad to see you keep the positive attitude with this. I had similar experience before I found the forum. Bought a $1000 rep gold Daytona about 10 years ago. It actually looked like it was spray painted gold. Total POS. Went back to buying gens after that... Until I found this wonderful place a couple months ago. Bought a bunch of units in last couple of months and while non are "perfect" I am happy with all of them. Of course bought from a TD or m2m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...