When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Poll Leader

tvt

Aah Kevin - methinks your objectivity slippeth somewhat. :lol:

Seriously though, I haven't bought a rep in quite a while now and to be honest I'm not that fussed about anything else that's kicking around including most of the suggestions in the polls.

Maybe it's rep fatigue but just maybe it's to do with a recognition that we're all being strung along in the belief that somebody will produce that A1 rep that will get us all wetting our undercrackers. Alas it just ain't gonna happen.

It does keep us on the leash though!

The fear of factories and dealers producing the perfect sub must surely extend to any other big time model, so you can all dismiss the prospect of that perfect Seahawk or Transatlantique or Easy Diver or Swordfish. It just won't happen.

I'm not trying to pooh pooh the initiative, because I support it, but in the final analysis it just comes down to a popularity poll of genuines. Remember that - genuines not reps cos the final choice ain't made it yet, whatever it is.

For sure the Ebel 1911 is a lovely watch but I'll bet you a quid to a wheelbarrow of [censored], if produced there will be those that will pick holes in the finished article.

It's the nature of the game and 2 years down the line the cry might be......."Who has the best Ebel 1911"

*Rant over*

JTB

With the utmost respect my dear John,.. I have been through this before with Neil...

1: Chose this Watch, it's Perfect, it's the One!

2: Does it conform to Jay's request ? No.

3: Well F*ck you then...The whole idea isn't going to happen,.. it's all a fantasy... and

besides...you are all a bunch of sissies... :lol:

Maybe it is just a dream...

I'm much too old and experienced to place bets on the future of

any project that I have to depend upon anyone else for it to come into life

but myself.

One thing I do know, is that we have never had the chance to come in

on the ground level with a dealer and manufacturer before, so we can influence the process,

Then if we are successful, we can do it again.. & again until we can order that perfect sub..

Just not now.... :whistling:

However,.. if this never happens.. so be it,.. at least it will be amusing to say the least,...

and another drama to hope for, or against.. that is the stuff that makes rwg the place to be.. ^_^

4:

Who the [censored] honestly wants to use this on a god damn submariner.

Also, wouldn't it be easy to directly ask Angus if there are plans for the non-chrono aquatimer before duplicating the effort of this project on it?

It would seem a waste for Jay to buy an aquatimer just to have one come out anyway.

No no no Kev. Absolutely no sour grapes from this Scotty! :lol:

If it's not the sub then so be it. This is your baby and Jays and ultimately those who end up voting for the eventual winner.

In fact as the poll starter of the "perfect sub" if you want to pull it from the competition now, then feel free. I have made my point and if the final rules are that it shouldn't be included then I am happy to abide by that.

One final point however, for the sanity of the board, we may have to separate down the feasible from the impossible, as well as maybe foreshortening the timescale.

JTB

Who the [censored] honestly wants to use this on a god damn submariner.

Also, wouldn't it be easy to directly ask Angus if there are plans for the non-chrono aquatimer before duplicating the effort of this project on it?

It would seem a waste for Jay to buy an aquatimer just to have one come out anyway.

Coming from Jay,..The price difference alone is enough for it's submission...

No no no Kev. Absolutely no sour grapes from this Scotty! :lol:

If it's not the sub then so be it. This is your baby and Jays and ultimately those who end up voting for the eventual winner.

In fact as the poll starter of the "perfect sub" if you want to pull it from the competition now, then feel free. I have made my point and if the final rules are that it shouldn't be included then I am happy to abide by that.

One final point however, for the sanity of the board, we may have to separate down the feasible from the impossible, as well as maybe foreshortening the timescale.

JTB

I'm not going to pull it,.. as a matter of fact, my friendships on this board means more to me

than this silly project,.. so I'm going to submit whatever three watches some in tops....

Let the chips fall where they may...

We can always twist a few arms.... ^_^

I'm not going to pull it,.. as a matter of fact, my friendships on this board means more to me

than this silly project,.. so I'm going to submit whatever three watches some in tops....

Let the chips fall where they may...

We can always twist a few arms.... ^_^

No probs Kev but my promotion of the perfect sub ends here. I've said enough.

Good luck..................now back to some moderation, otherwise I'll get the sack!!! :lol:

JTB

I'm assuming there are reasons behind this I will never know, nor I need to know, and I can accept that.

I want to commend RT on the work, he has put in a lot here. It is certainly a cool project. I'm hoping someone will hit on _the_ watch to do; I don't think the sweet spot one has come out yet. I think Pug's fortis was a step towards that general mass appeal.

I am honestly wondering if there are many watches out there that are not repped that have broad appeal...

Thanks Section8.. hey you can move into my neighborhood anytime... ;)

Regards to the Sub.. I will do my best to speak to him .. however as I said before

it would have to be an underground project.. which means it won't be the first submission...

this first one has to make Jay some operation cash to continue this line of operations..

Where is the the sea hawk????????????????????????