When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just bought this Rolex TC V5 sub from al fellow member, but dont think it is a TC ?

CLA82

The quality does not feels as good as my other TC

The Bezel turn VERY "rep" like

The Bezel construction seems a bit odd and not TC "like" ??

When you take of the bezel the crystal is complete lose and you can just turn it around or take it up ?!?!?!

What do you think ??

post-45744-0-42600000-1395425108_thumb.j

post-45744-0-89478400-1395425114_thumb.j

post-45744-0-09012600-1395425124_thumb.j

Ok, you bought this watch from me and I got it from docthor.

He actually pointed me out that it is a V3 and not a V5 as I stated, i mistake on my side that we can work out per PM.

But you took not only the bezel off but also the retaining ring that holds the crystal. No wonder it looks weird and the crystal is loose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yup definitely not a v5 but seems to be a v3 and moreover quite sure it is a tc submariner so calm down ;) Put the crystal back in position and then press the bezel assembly back on. Definitely no wonder that it looks weird. With this watch everything is fine and the v3 is more sought after than the v5 anyway so you are lucky actualy!

I have a V5, and was just surprised that there was quite a difference on finish, How the bezel clicks (Did take of the bezel as I have done several times on my V5, and was just surprised that the construction seems so different, but have now learned that it is because the retainingring sits in the bezel)

Please inform us about all the things that look weird on this watch? Specially all the things that couldn't be seen on the pictures I took.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The watch looks totally fine and you sold it at an amazing price with the gen insert! Get it back and wear it or sell it again ;) Construction is the same but happens with my v6 aswell that the whole bezel assembly gets off instead of only the bezel with the insert. Cheers and hopefully you can sort that out in order that both parties involved are happy!

• Like 1

Without the crystal retainer the crystal will spin around. Please let someone that knows how to work on these watches work on it. If you press too hard in the complete bezel with the insert you run the risk of damaging your pearl and/or insert.

• Like 1

I have no doubt that the watch is a TC  if Docthor said it was and I gather there was a screwup on what model 3-5 next sale down the line which is being handled properly by dutch "He asked me to take it back and that is what I will do."

These things can and do happen and I would use this as an example of the proper way to resolve.

• Like 1

There is nothing "wrong" with that TC other than that it's a v3 and not a v5 and that's clear already. :)

I just don't get why a public thread was needed when all this could have been discussed via PM :g:

I know that dutchy is and I call myself a gentleman so I don't see the point to share this "issue" with the community.

Not that there is something to hide but is there something to point at?

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

Quite simply the case profile from the photos looked strange to me and the end link fit looked odd. They aren't the best photos or angles though either. Seems like everything is resolved and all parties are satisfied anyway.