When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian movt vs eta question

Erict719

I have a crap $100 sub c which has asian movement . I don't know what version.

The date change right at 12, and there is not delay.

But on real eta 2824-2 the date keep draging lower until it snap at 12 am

as I know rolex Mvt doesn't drag, it snap right at 12 .

So asian Mvt is better in term I gen function?

There is a little sheet metal plate that covers up the keyless and it's a bugger to put an overlay on the stock 2824 DW and not have the overlay drag on aforementioned sheet metal plate...

The ETA 2824 does not have the snap date change; the date changes gradually starting about 10:30 or 11pm. This is normal and correct, it's how the movement functions.

If the date change drags past midnight, then the DWO is likely dragging as the above posters suggest.

The ETA 2836 has instant date change. It requires a number of additional parts, including that big Y-shaped spring that sits under the date disc. If you want that functionality, use a 2836 instead of a 2824 in your rep if it will fit wit the stem height.

The ETA 2824 does not have the snap date change; the date changes gradually starting about 10:30 or 11pm. This is normal and correct, it's how the movement functions.

If the date change drags past midnight, then the DWO is likely dragging as the above posters suggest.

The ETA 2836 has instant date change. It requires a number of additional parts, including that big Y-shaped spring that sits under the date disc. If you want that functionality, use a 2836 instead of a 2824 in your rep if it will fit wit the stem height.

Doesn't 2836 have lower stem ?

So the only way to make perfect is y3135 right?