When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen hands on eta

Erict719

I'm planning something similar. I talked to my long-time modder about it and his reply...

"Seconds is easy, you only need to remove 0.05mm, the minutes hand is not too bad at 0.10, it's the 0.20 from the hours hand that is challenging, especially if there isn't much meat available. But, I can machine the hour wheel hand seat to gain room there."

So it can be done.

Ding ding ding ding!! :tu:

Whoopy steps up to the plate, eyes the pitcher, scuffs the bag. The sun is at his back as he stares down the mound, crowding the plate. The windup... the pitch... CRAAAAACK!!!! And Whoopy knocks it outta the park! The crowd goes wild! :notworthy:

Its something I have been asked to do, so looking forward to the challenge.  I have experience with making custom hour, and minute pinions for Vintage Pams, but this will be my first genuine Rolex hands on an a ETA job.

The only time I have experienced issues with customs is when someone didn't follow my instructions on how to ship.  Providing you agree, and follow my shipping instructions you will be fine.

yes mate... my favorite talk : gen hands on eta mov. :)

I asked it a long time ago. Gen hands make a difference in a rep.. i'm obsessed about it.

I decided to give this project  to Ssteel (Mister, excuse for my delay, but  I was hoping to come out a good clones 3135 but it did not happen so)..

Erict  send your pieces  to Steel, he is able to do this.! ;) 

this below are my gen parts  (new stock) for my  franken SD...  and I will fit this gen dial  only if I can fix the hands....  for me the gen hands are spectacular (relief, brightness, thickness)...I detect the rep just looking  their wrong stock hands..

o9sKCtD_zps8baaf492.jpg

Edited by benjji
  • Like 1