When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMT IIc on puretime experts chime in

gmtlover

I did get it - I love it.  Not bothered by the Bezel at all. I don't know what I'll say to my friend who has the real one.

It's a really nice bracelet. One interesting thing is that the clasp is all scratched up after just a few days of only desk diving.  I wonder if it is softer steel.  The steel looks very, very bright in general.

Best,

Andy

post-1747-0-58563800-1398095923_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I did get it - I love it. Not bothered by the Bezel at all. I don't know what I'll say to my friend who has the real one.

It's a really nice bracelet. One interesting thing is that the clasp is all scratched up after just a few days of only desk diving. I wonder if it is softer steel. The steel looks very, very bright in general.

Best,

Andy

attachicon.gifGMTc.JPG

Looks very good to me!

Many screem up about bad CG, but I think yours look just fine! Very Gen-like. :)

I should be getting one within 2 weeks. (from InTime/Ryan)

What movement did you get?

How is the Rotor noise?

Edited by T222

Looks very good to me!

Many screem up about bad CG, but I think yours look just fine! Very Gen-like. :)

I should be getting one within 2 weeks. (from InTime/Ryan)

What movement did you get?

How is the Rotor noise?

I got it with the Asian 2836.  It is surprisingly smooth and sets up and winds almost like a swiss movement.  Rotor noise is inobtrusive and very minimal.  I'm very pleased with this watch.

One interesting thing is that the clasp is all scratched up after just a few days of only desk diving.  I wonder if it is softer steel.  The steel looks very, very bright in general.

You will find that any high-polish metal surface is utterly destroyed by even the slightest grit and dust. Buy an inexpensive Dremel Tool and some metal polishing rouge to keep it looking it's best.

I think the issue with the crown guards came into play when Trevor posted his gen versus Noob V3 comparison review in his sales sections on the various boards.  He did not use a Noob V3, though, and the crown guards on his watch in the review are horrible.  It's a completely different watch.  Angus and Ryan indeed are selling the Noob V3 and just like the previous Noob versions, the crown guards were/are fine.

Cosmosblau - just be honest.  Tell your buddy you bought a rep and then the two of you can compare them side by side.  What else are you going to say and why would you, anyway?  This is a perfect chance for you to spend a ton of time handling his gen and looking them over side by side.  He's going to be just as interested as you, trust me.  You'll have some fun while you are comparing notes.

Edited by Mendota Explorer
  • Like 1

Cosmosblau - just be honest.  Tell your buddy you bought a rep and then the two of you can compare them side by side.  What else are you going to say and why would you, anyway?  This is a perfect chance for you to spend a ton of time handling his gen and looking them over side by side.  He's going to be just as interested as you, trust me.  You'll have some fun while you are comparing notes.

This is usually good advice, but this guy is a rep hater- a Beverly Hills IP lawyer.

You will find that any high-polish metal surface is utterly destroyed by even the slightest grit and dust. Buy an inexpensive Dremel Tool and some metal polishing rouge to keep it looking it's best.

Good advice, but I have a 10 year old gen Bell & Ross Pilot with a high polish bracelet that doesn't look as bad as this watch does after 5 days.

Gen versus rep, that answers your question right there. The process that goes into professionally polishing and brushing jewelry is far superior to what happens with these cheap, sweat garage built reps. The depth and grain of the brushed steel and the level of polish on the polished portions are nowhere close. These reps will never come close unless you actually rebrush and polish it using pro techniques.

Too bad about your buddy being a hater. Since you already own a gen B&R, just wear that with him and don't even bring up the rep.

Too bad about your buddy being a hater. Since you already own a gen B&R, just wear that with him and don't even bring up the rep.

Of course, he usually couldn't dicern the difference, except if he compared the two side by side.  Most people who buy Rolexes are only concerned about the status.  Most people who drive Porsches around here could care less about driving.