When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pics of the Rolex I ordered!

Sjbrowning7

:huh:

DWO is crap and sits way too low, end links are totally wrong (should be solid!), crown position is wrong, rehaut is very woky, etc. etc. etc...very poor qualitiy I'd say...where did you order this and how much they're asking for?

uh...ar...yep...but it's not that much knowledge one needs to call you out on this one.

Don't want to frustrate you but the poor quality could be spoted pretty easy on the wrist and anyone who knows just a little about Rolex (e.g. Rolex are high quality watches) can see that this is just a rep and a poor one too.

If you don't care...well...everything is fine. But since you asked for a comment I guess you care at least a little. I would never ever buy it nor wear it :(

Hi and welcome. That took one look and about 1 second to suspect it was a Silix Cheapie. They have some nice ones but You have to know exactly what You´re looking for.

168 Usd from Trusty gets You the looks You need (at the very least) on it. The Seadweller for 188 is a steal.

As a test like - I paid for it - will I get a watch? I think it was ok to do so. Other testings You can do is to remove the bracelet/ Open the caseback/ remove the stem/ put I all together again so You can do all this later on a more expensive watch. General testing is: Does Gold or even a Rolex look good on the wrist? before spending some 400 usd on it like many do and finding out they wanted something else.

Thanks for sharing, it was nice to put the pictures up.

The problem is,when you're on a forum like this and see how good the proper reps are, you'll wear the cheapie a couple of times and then ditch it for a better model. If it were me I'd have put a bit more money into my first rep looking a little more convincing? All gold just looks a bit too much er bling?

The biggest problem is that everyone you meet will assume it's a fake just because it's a Rolex, especially a gold Rolex. Whilst it's not the best rep, even from a distance people will assume it's not genuine - unless you move in circles where everyone around you wears $20K+ watches and then they won't care. Still as others have said, it looks fine for a test to see if YOU like the look and feel of these and if you do, then it doesn't matter what others think anyway. Good luck with your purchase and welcome to RWG.

Thanks guys. I only really wanted to buy a cheapie to see what it's like mainly but really thinking of getting a much better one in maybe a couple of months. I really like the gold watches and would want a more expensive and real looking gold gmt for "special occasions" I suppose but I quite fancy a sea dweller or submariner in steel that I can use everyday as I would expect the gold plating to fade off. I don't think I can really complain about the quality considering it cost £57 including postage and PayPal fees. Not really expecting it to be top notch lol

Actually really liking the watches on trusty, probably should have waited and got a good one from there... Darn!

No time like the present!

Don´t worry, You´ve done well and find dozens of others. When looking for something different take a look at Toro´s hot section too and maybe at his PAM Arctos. Only recently got this Breitling Superocean Abyss 42mm, fine price  and I have to say as an everyday watch it´s hard to beat:

IMG_2529tcbr.jpg

Rolexes You´ll want more than just 1 anyway, question is if the next is a Batman GMT, a Seadweller 16600, a vintage, the DSSD or..... There are so many, above is a TC

• Like 1

If that is your very first rep and you've just joined these forums, then it's a sensible idea to buy something cheap, an amount of money that you won't cry over if it vanishes without a trace.

I'll own up and say that after reading about all the rip-off dealers and then finding these forums, my first thought was "Good god, the dealers have made a whole forum just to convince us they're OK to deal with! Trusted Dealers and everything!" and so I read them for a while and eventually realised they were genuine forums :)

Also if you've not had a particular brand of watch before and don't know anyone local to borrow one from, it makes sense to either buy a cheap one from a dealer, or a cheap one from M2M to see if you like them before spending $400 on a good one.

• Like 1