When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A good LV or just a cheapie?

docdoowop

Sorry to say so but honestly said this looks awful! Basically everything is wrong..Nevertheless, most people without any knowledge and even folks with gen rollies would probably think its gen. However, very easy to spot for someone with very little knowledge about a sub ;)

C'mon, less blanket dismissal "waving of the hands" and create and post some comparison pics - I like to think us folks here try to educate more than the other forums!

The OPs images aren't very clear and I can't even see any rehaut anywhere, so how can it be said it's bad?

All I can see from the images is either the bezel is one click off or the movement + dial needs rotating fractionally, a 10 minute easy job.

Rolex' aren't my thing so I wouldn't spot the technical details, but SEL fit looks 'OK', date mag looks OK, date is a bit high or it may be the angle of the photo, bracelet looks OK, clasp looks cheap, impression of the crown on the clasp looks very cheap.

I don't know if the bezel insert should be gloss or matt? Looks kind of half way here?

Crown and CGs look just the same as the picture posted by tomhorn?

Dial, need better picture to see any differences for me.

21j cheapie. Looks wrong to me, very wookie, wrong pearl, very cheap bracelet with weak engravings. Better to get another.

Sorry to say but I really don´t favour showing cheapie Rolex, Omega or Audemars copies. These are top brands that at least deserve a somewhat decent rep - or none. It´s fine to use at home and with the sleeves pushed down. If outside just go for another unknown brand or get a better copy - there are very good looking 21j for 168 Usd so money shouldn´t be the issue.

Tomhorns I would take anywhere, anytime:)

Yep, wokky for sure. :chinese:

I am not much good on modern submariners but noticed the squared cut-out under the flip lock, dead end screws in the removable bracelet links, and the coronet screaming "Oh noooo!" like Mr. Bill.  :shock:

It looks familiar...

There used to be 'traveler' selling watches just like this at the local flea market a few years ago for $50, less if you were persistent. He also had 'misprints' with splotchy silver colored letters on the dial for $35. They all had balky NN38 movements, dried out from being hauled around in the guy's car all summer.

Last time I saw him he was peddling DJs...and GMTs with 7mm crowns.