When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let the Patination begin PAM 382 Bronze

astonjenks

As you may have read I received my PAM 382 Bronze this week from Toro and after polishing yesterday have commenced the Patination program using Amonia (Rabbits urine in this case) red wine vinegar and some fertilizer and sawdust.

The attached photo is before and after 1 hour, I will continue with the process and if time allows and I remember, will add to this periodically.

AJ

post-48021-0-54494000-1397054552_thumb.j

post-48021-0-31419700-1397054569_thumb.j

So many questions!!!

Where did you get rabbit [censored]?

And how did you get the rabbit to let you squeeze it, or are you just a patient guy?

Wouldn't it have been easier to just [censored] on it yourself??

Great watch! I gotta get one... Methinks I'll just put it on a string and dangle it in a canal here in Bangkok for a few minutes, no need for a pissing contest LOL

My daughter has a couple of House trained rabbits who pee and poo in a litter tray which has sawdust in it. I simply collected the urine drenched sawdust and added some fertilizer to make a really moist mix in the bottom of a plastic bottle and placed the watch upside down in and under it.

AJ

Morning All

So a few days has passed and further pee dipping has taken place. I now have a wonderful Bronze buckle ready to fit to my new Orloff rubberised green strap that is en route (photos of watch with strap and buckle will follow next week) but lets stay with the Patination.

AJ

post-48021-0-40114100-1397287750_thumb.j

post-48021-0-01242600-1397287762_thumb.j

post-48021-0-65180700-1397287864_thumb.j

And just to show that after a several days of being dipped in various solutions you can, with a little elbow grease and some autosol or similar, you can simply reploish all of the watch or parts to look worn as required.

AJ

post-48021-0-97796400-1397389070_thumb.j

post-48021-0-05597700-1397389082_thumb.j

• Like 2

Autosol is a metal polish, simply put on, polish and buff with a clean cloth, any polish will do I guess. The pearl has been subjected to the entire process and still looks great. I did lose the black minute track markers, however have easily reapplied those with a permanent marker pen.

AJ

I assume you must mask off the crystal or is autosol not that abrasive? (Does it have external AR?)

Single AR on the inside I believe, no masking required.

The pearl and crystal have taken all the abusive in the process totally unmarked.

AJ