When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tribute to the Little Prince (3777)

markiemark

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone contact Angus (Puretime) via RepGeek? He is collecting user votes for new reps and sending them to the factories.

But - to be honest - the date wheels should be blue also...

He is no longer doing that. People complained and complained. He wrote an open letter and the bullsh*t continued....

Here's the letter:

Hi Everyone,

I am going to be frank in this open letter, and I apologize if this message ruffles some feathers, but for me this is necessary, sadly.

I am writing this to all of you rather than the specific people involved so that it hopefully becomes a group mindset and prevents the regular offenders from doing it again, or any new guys from doing it.

The issue I want to raise is aggressiveness, antagonism, negative speculation and all negative emotion that some members so easily raise on the subject of this hobby, in particular with the new releases sometimes not meeting expectations.

I want to be very clear on this point… I AM A WATCH DEALER. I AM NOT A WATCH MAKER. Yes, I SOMETIMES help the Makers with their watches, I always try to do my best with this task. I help ZF a lot recently, as an example, but this means that if a watch does not meet expectations, this is not my fault. I have faith in some Makers (like Noob, ZF, V6, etc., etc.) and if they tell me something is being released, I trust them to deliver a great product, and therefore promote their product before release, because their track record shows that they can be trusted.

An important point to raise is that sometimes it is not even the Maker’s mistake when something bad happens, it is the parts factories. When the Maker confirms a part with the part factory, the factory then does mass production, like 1000-2000 pieces, and sometimes the factory delivers something different than what was accepted during prototype phase, so even if the factory is willing to remake the piece to perfection, it will take a fair amount of time and the Maker does not want to wait for just 1 or even a few parts to be perfect before assembling the piece and selling it. The Maker will fix the parts on the next run, the V2s, V3s, etc., etc. Some people tell me to tell the Maker not to sell watches like this, however what needs to be realized is that we are only about 20% of the Makers sales, we are not influential enough to demand this from the Maker. Once we are, then the Maker will listen to us.

It seems to me that some people think I am a hype man for certain Makers, and this is completely not true. I give news on watches being released because that is what is expected of me. No other TD does it as regularly as me, and I am clearly known on the forums as the most active dealer, consistently speaking and informing you guys.

Here is the important point… YOU CANNOT HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT. Either understand that I am doing my duty to you guys by informing you of things, giving the news that you guys ask for, and that I have no control (most of the time) as to what the Maker’s final product will look like, and that I only keep you guys informed because YOU ASK FOR IT, and therefore I DO NOT want to be met with antagonism, aggressiveness or any other negative emotion, or I will simply stop keeping the forums informed of pre-releases, I won’t offer any pre-sales, I won’t give any information, to anyone, of any new watches expected to be released, and I will just go to being like every other TD on here.. I can swear to all of you that this would actually make my life 10x easier, and I will not lose more than 1% of my sales. Really, I do presales, keep you guys informed, because it is what you want, NOT what I want.

This is your choice, and it is the forum member’s responsibility to either stop being negative, or to all the positive forum members, it is your responsibility to put the negative people in their place.

To be honest I have not been active on the forums since CNY because of all the negativity surrounding SubC V3 and Diver V5.1. It is not nice to read all these negative comments (towards me and the watches) wild speculation, silly theories, and so on and so forth. I work 18 hours a day on average to get the watches made that you want made. I answer my PMs lightning fast, I run a business with 20+ employees, I do my best for this business, for your hobby, and I do not need any extra worries on my plate, I have enough of them as it is.

If you have a problem with a watch, that’s fine, state your issue, but be careful as to what you say, how you say it and whom you direct your anger towards. Stuff like “OMG, this watch is TERRIBLE, I can’t believe Noob and Angus would release such a piece of crap!” IS NOT OK IN MY BOOK, and I won’t tolerate it anymore. Comments like this turn my hobby (yes, watches are MY hobby also) into my enemy.

I apologize for this letter, I don’t like writing these kinds of letters, but for me it had to be done. From now on, we can move on and continue as normal, but as I said, this is now in your hands, because if there is more of the same old negativity, then I am sorry, but as mentioned, I will just stop posting pre-releases on the forums. Your choice, guys.

Cheers,

A