When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Have A Rep Breitling Navitimer W/leather Deployant

wan

I want to get a genuine looking strap for my navitimer without having to buy a genuine strap......its a 22mm.....................What is the best most genuine looking aftermarket strap i can buy but still use the deployant buckle that came with the watch?.........I want a black strap.......(If you have what im looking for PM me)............Or if you can just point me in the right direction....Thanks, Wan

I want to get a genuine looking strap for my navitimer without having to buy a genuine strap......its a 22mm.....................What is the best most genuine looking aftermarket strap i can buy but still use the deployant buckle that came with the watch?.........I want a black strap.......(If you have what im looking for PM me)............Or if you can just point me in the right direction....Thanks, Wan

Thank you Pugwash.........so these straps look more genuine than the Breitling rep strap, Right? i assume so being i feel you know what you are talking about.........Thanks,Wan

Thank you Pugwash.........so these straps look more genuine than the Breitling rep strap, Right? i assume so being i feel you know what you are talking about.........Thanks,Wan

I have this one:

163681-11750.jpg

Mine is not the Deployant one, but the Bob For Breitling straps are excellent. Obviously, if you can find a genuine strap on eBay, you're better off with that, but if not, Bob straps are universally respected here. They're way, way better than the replica Breitling strap.

WAN. Which dealer did you get your Navitimer with deployment through? I got mine from Joshua and when I was looking for aftermarket straps I found that the deployment clasp that Joshua's watch uses still uses holes in the band to hold the band to the deployment clasp and Bob's bands for Breitling didn't have these holes so I was hesitant to order.

The deployment on my watch is very nice but I've yet to find any aftermarket bands that look like they'll work with it.

Andy

Edited by ZainoDetail

WAN. Which dealer did you get your Navitimer with deployment through? I got mine from Joshua and when I was looking for aftermarket straps I found that the deployment clasp that Joshua's watch uses still uses holes in the band to hold the band to the deployment clasp and Bob's bands for Breitling didn't have these holes so I was hesitant to order.

The deployment on my watch is very nice but I've yet to find any aftermarket bands that look like they'll work with it.

Andy

I am in the same boat as you Andy. I bought a Serie Speciale from Josh and would like to buy a new aftermarket strap. Trouble is, the BOB straps don't have holes, like you mentioned, and thus won't work with deployant clasp.

Perhaps a special request to BOB can be made to punch some holes?

Andy

I am in the same boat as you Andy. I bought a Serie Speciale from Josh and would like to buy a new aftermarket strap. Trouble is, the BOB straps don't have holes, like you mentioned, and thus won't work with deployant clasp.

Andy

My advice is to buy a genuine if you can afford it. I tried many combinations on my GT, aftermarket, BOB with genuine buckle....but nothing looks as good as my leather, heavily stitched genuine I picked up for about $130. And a non-genuine is a dead giveaway.

While we're on this topic...I've never figured out how to properly remove the strap from my navitimer. Its not the typical screw-in type like my PAM's.

If someone could please expound on how to remove the strap it would be greatly appreciated.

I also have to agree with the above...if you can swing a genuine strap I've yet to see a rep that's outstanding. The Bobs are good but still lacking a good amount of thicknes compared to the Gens.

I'd love to come across a genuine deployment strap but it likely wouldn't fit in the aftermarket deployment clasp either forcing me to buy both the clasp and strap which in the end will cost as much as the watch did itself. However if you're willing to go back to a buckle over the deployement occasionally the factory straps will come up in the $75-100 range.

My advice is to buy a genuine if you can afford it. I tried many combinations on my GT, aftermarket, BOB with genuine buckle....but nothing looks as good as my leather, heavily stitched genuine I picked up for about $130. And a non-genuine is a dead giveaway.

You'd be looking at about $500 for the genuine strap and deployant buckle.

My review of the bob strap, and comparison to the gen can be found here...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=14341

You'd be looking at about $500 for the genuine strap and deployant buckle.

My review of the bob strap, and comparison to the gen can be found here...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=14341

my ad quoted me 300.00 for the deployment and 130.00 for the tang. there is a new gen black brushed tang on tz for 120 shipped. if you need the polished tang it is cheaper to buy from ad.