When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Have The Big 4 0 Coming Up,,,

chris5264

The logic I presented to my wife was clear,,,,my spending limit should be based on a thousand dollars per decade, for a total of 4,000. After some discussion we comprised. So, here are some criteria, total costs should be around 1000 usd :g: , watch should have clear case back and nice movement to view, has to be 42mm or larger. Here are my thoughts so far.

1. One of Joshua’s tourbillions. Yes, it is a risk due to the complexity of the movement but his VC Malte Skeleton Tourbillon looks incredible, the kind of thing that you stop caring if it is a rep or not. A bit out my price range too.

2. The RXW, Plasmir milgraph with the hand wind movement and display back. Looks a little like a Panerai, but still original. Size is a little small but does have the cool gas tubes for good lum. (would probably have to buy used)

3. Ball Engineer master II diver. A little small at 42, but also has cool gas tubes, an inner rotating bezel and is a diver but no clear case back.

4. Kobold spirit of America, 44mm with nice display back and my favorite movement, the 6497. Also, the company is about 30 mins from my home and watch seems to have an interesting story to it. http://www.koboldwatch.com/products/watch_shots/soa1.htm

4. Kobold spirit of America, 44mm with nice display back and my favorite movement, the 6497. Also, the company is about 30 mins from my home and watch seems to have an interesting story to it. http://www.koboldwatch.com/products/watch_shots/soa1.htm

Think you have nailed it with that one - a great looking watch and a talking point if you can pick it up from the factory

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Think you have nailed it with that one - a great looking watch and a talking point if you can pick it up from the factory

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I may like this one the most,,,,reminds me a lot of a pam base. The only problem is that even if I order today,,,del isn't till march which might be a long wait. Guess I'll check out some of the Fortis models..thanks

Hmmmm, Love that thinking...I am quickly approaching that milestone as well....let me try that one on the wifey...but I think I will aim a little higher say $2.5k per decade...that'll give me some wiggle room as I've been eyeing the TT Yachtie with white dial/Onyx markers...lol...

I think you should bump that 4k up just a lilttle to about an even 5k to score something a little upscale.... ^_^

Come on!!!!...this is your big FOUR OHHHHH--forty....FORTY! $1k ain;t gonna cut it......now go fight and get that budget re-established! Come on...do it for us guys...you know, the ones that have to get permission to get our balls out of hoc from the ol' lady to go out and party..... :yu::bleh::yu:

...do it dammit! :group::group::group:

Not that you're over-the-hill or anything like that...but something just a little fancier might be on order for you....Glashutte Original PanoMatic date or chrono...

163951-11638.jpg

It just reeks of class, pure understated simplicity and different. A great watchmaker....

There is one on the bay for around $5.2k..its beautiful!

just my HO...

and now back to reality...get the Kobold for the agreed upon budget and that way you'll still get some tonight... :rolleyes::rolleyes::blink::blink:

cheers :)

The logic I presented to my wife was clear,,,,/url]

Dammit man...you can't use LOGIC with your wife...phuck...what are you thinking man! :unsure:

Now go get your nuts back and get that figure bumped back to the ORIGINAL price per decade amount--$4k and get what you have wanted and earned! :D

...sorry man...too much vino here....love this thread though...since I am attempting to earn my ballz back with a pricey LV purse for wifey... :brow:

...not to mention that the big FOUR O is up next for me....hehehe

cheers-iwillshutupnow

LOL..funny stuff tech :lol:

There are a lot of decent choices for a 1,000 but hard to find something of any real horological significance. I'm going to call Kobold and see if there is any chance of getting that watch any earlier or perhaps just be patient,,,I should be at my age...

Or I might just play the lottery the next few weeks and see how that works out...

thanks for all the suggestions...