When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rt Watch Polls

dadog13

Under the guidelines posted,.. you do qualify...

Yes do become a paid member when you can.. but as far as the Rt forum,

welcome you ! ^_^

maybe if this watch wins the competition...it will be my first contribution to the rep comunity!

Under the guidelines posted,.. you do qualify...

Yes do become a paid member when you can.. but as far as the Rt forum,

welcome you ! ^_^

maybe if this watch wins the competition...it will be my first contribution to the rep comunity!

why don't you hunt donw kenbergs secret santa thats worth 6 mo free as a supporter :)

that will give you time

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

I wonder if you understand the significance of that "quote." The true significance, and the genius of Quintin Tarantino, is that you have a wicked hitman (SLJ) whose only redeeming claim to humanity is the fact that he likes to quote from the Bible before he kills bad guys - BUT (and does it not seem odd that this wicked hitman would be well versed in the Bible) SLJ is not actually quoting from the Bible at all (Look it up). In reciting this verse, and drawing forth deep insights and darkly profound meanings, SLJ is actually quoting Sonny Chiba from an old Karate movie.

Just call me your 1-Stop Shopping Source for Useless Trivia

Bill

I wonder if you understand the significance of that "quote." The true significance, and the genius of Quintin Tarantino, is that you have a wicked hitman (SLJ) whose only redeeming claim to humanity is the fact that he likes to quote from the Bible before he kills bad guys - BUT (and does it not seem odd that this wicked hitman would be well versed in the Bible) SLJ is not actually quoting from the Bible at all (Look it up). In reciting this verse, and drawing forth deep insights and darkly profound meanings, SLJ is actually quoting Sonny Chiba from an old Karate movie.

Just call me your 1-Stop Shopping Source for Useless Trivia

Bill

YOU MEAN LIKE - "ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

ok more info - thanks wikipedia

Ezekiel 25:17 is a passage from the Bible. In the King James Version of the Bible it reads:

Ezekiel 25:17

And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

This verse was popularized by the Quentin Tarantino film Pulp Fiction. However, it is to be noted that the version of this verse used in the movie is misquoted. Before shooting a defenseless man, Samuel L. Jackson's character Jules Winnfield gloats by orating before he shoots:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Quentin Tarantino used Ezekiel 25:17 as an obscure reference to the 1976 film Karate Kiba, starring Sonny Chiba. In this film, a nearly identical misquote of the King James passage is said by Chiba.

The path of the righteous man and defender is beset on all sides by the iniquity of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious anger, who poison and destroy my brothers; and they shall know that I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon them!