When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC sub V6 red second hand

Seanpz1

I've seen a couple people post pics of TC subs with a red second hand. I just ordered my TC V6 last week and my question would be if this is completely not a gen look? I've done research and havnt really come up with any gen subs with red second hand. Looks really sharp on watch but don't want it to be an instant tell that it's a rep.

Edited by Seanpz1

Go over to the Rolex Forum and look at the ongoing thread with gen owners who are posting pics of their modded Rolexes. Using a red Yacht Master hand for accent color is very popular. People do this with Explorers, subs, Datejusts, and any model that it would look cool on. It doesn't come from Rolex this way, so that's why it is a mod.

This is absolutely gen like, so go for it. I personally love the look.

Edited by Mendota Explorer
  • Like 1

Instant tell, they never made an inverted datewheel either.... But it looks good! Yeah, have a friendly watchsmith over in the US, he puts that red secondhand of the Yachtmaster into the Sub. Doesn´t it look great?

Why did I buy this??!? :fool:  :bangin:  :clap2:

TCDSC_9897fr_zps557e08b0.jpg

I think red hand with normal datewheel is perfect. I've seen that gen mod before over on TRF, so that's not a stretch at all. Neither is removing the cyclops. Tons of guys over there hate the cyclops and remove it from various models, as do we, so that's also no big deal in the gen world. The mods that are done with gens are pretty awesome, so go check that thread out and get some inspiration.

I've seen a couple people post pics of TC subs with a red second hand. I just ordered my TC V6 last week and my question would be if this is completely not a gen look? I've done research and havnt really come up with any gen subs with red second hand. Looks really sharp on watch but don't want it to be an instant tell that it's a rep.

I'm 35 years old and wearing a 1665... Anyone seeing it who know what it is, will immediately know it's a rep... But I'm not going to let a minor detail like that make me take off a watch I love... I've read on here before, that you have to wear the watch, you can't let it wear you -- that's what gets it called out as a fake... The red-hand looks sharp, if you like it, go for it and enjoy wearing it, that's what this hobby is all about :good::drinks:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

The gen Yachtmaster uses this exact same red seconds hand. The case specification and thickness is much more gen-like than any standard 16610 :snorkel: rep available with the TD´s (its thinner) and thus comes with a lower gravity center.

This has the KH - dial and in real life You immediately notice its something special (compared to a rep) or its something "normal" compared to a gen. At the time I ordered it the special dial was only available for the Caddell specials.

The engraving and lettering is white, sharp and crisp, not dull. Hands and dial markers are polished and "shine" compared to the otb - reps. When You take a 10x lupe to it the dial surface is black and totally smooth. It´s a TC, when You hold in hands the red seconds hand and inverted datewheel are just nice additional gags. B)

I´ll let some more pics do the talking :)

TC_0040cr_zpse28e5986.jpg

tc_0042_zpse6be509d.jpg

tc_9788c2_zps1d38ac33.jpg