When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver V6 on Intime site

Legend

http://www.intime.co/product.php?id_product=1306

What are the real differences vs the 5.1? It seems that the strap and buckle have been upgraded, and now it has a "correct crown guards shapes" and better lume on inner bezel? I am not aware that the previous versions all come with incorrect crown guard shapes? 

I wonder if the AR on the cyclops has been fixed...

What do you guys think? 

According to some dealers, The updates are supposed to be :

"Updates are the inner bezel numbers , better case finishing , recessed screws , rubber strap slightly better then Noob"

The inner bezel numbers seem better indeed..check the "50" in 5.1 and in the new version and you'll easily see what I mean

Of course ,they have been some complains about the buckle..that it's a step back and that good as in 5.1

I already have one en route to me and I'll write a small review when I receive it....

Not a major update if you already have the 5.0 or 5.1 version....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

According to some dealers, The updates are supposed to be :

"Updates are the inner bezel numbers , better case finishing , recessed screws , rubber strap slightly better then Noob"

The inner bezel numbers seem better indeed..check the "50" in 5.1 and in the new version and you'll easily see what I mean

Of course ,they have been some complains about the buckle..that it's a step back and that good as in 5.1

I already have one en route to me and I'll write a small review when I receive it....

Not a major update if you already have the 5.0 or 5.1 version....

Actually, I have the v5.1, and the "5" and "0" are very close, but do not touch on mine.

My friend owns a v5.1 from a later batch, and the 5 and 0 are pretty much stuck together. See the pic. :)

post-39895-0-05669700-1398270019_thumb.j

I am contemplating whether to get the v6.0

Nah...i don't think that it's worth it...

It's not gonna be a big update for you..

For me , this is gonna be my first AP diver since the V3.0 ;)

Post some pics when you can, my friend. :)

A

Here is a good review, compares V4.1, V5 and V6:  http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=76705

I recently got gently used V3 with Swiss SW200-1 that runs super good and looks great. I don't honestly see "Versions" chasing worth it. V3 has an inner bezel font that's a bit thinner but that actually looks better from a design balance perspective, the chunky fonts on newer versions are too messy and not done nearly as well as the Gen.

These are quite heavy watches too, it's ok if you have a big wrist but it's not working too well for my smaller wrist, it's looking like I will have to get the super light Carbon version and sell the SS. That said, SS is really an awesome piece.

I also got 2 watches from intime in the past which was a great experience, he even switched a rotor for me on a Patek Nautilus for a best one before shipping.

Edited by lfovco

Honestly, on the wrist, it is a challenge to tell which version a diver is, if you do not inspect it closely.

From pics in the forum, we can discuss to the moon and back about the minute intricacies, merits and flaws of each version.

But on the wrist in real life, we tend to judge by looking at the person wearing the watch, more than anything else.

Legend you are soooo right. In the world outside of the forums I have never seen anyone question authenticity of the watch. All diver versions have flaws, V6 needs to have flaws that previous V-whatever did not have so there can be V6.1 and V7. It's part of the rep game. And if we did not play that game, then we would never see new versions. We, the members of forums created that versioning market monster by starting to pick on reps back in early 2005. It started with mods and then later it all lead to V1, V2...., which is great cause 9 years later we have some amazing reps.

From what matters to me the V6 has better, smaller lettering on the inner bezel. On the V5.1. the hexagonal and very visible screws are still better recessed. So its a draw again. No need to upgrade from V5.1 but worth to buy V6, if You have none. Intime is very good to deal with, very reliable, good quality and qc, good shipping, not a TD here but would deserve to be.

• 3 months later...

Jut got my QC pictures from INTIME (great communication from Jordan) for the V6 version for your review, comments, previously had the V3 version and am upgrading to the V6 and am wondering what if any additional mods I might need to do (such as Domi's AR Xtal or send to VAC) on this or leave as is? Thanks for your feedback and  comments.

post-66313-0-42816200-1408645161_thumb.j

post-66313-0-24190500-1408645163_thumb.j

post-66313-0-20933600-1408645165_thumb.j

post-66313-0-72946200-1408645166_thumb.j

post-66313-0-26603900-1408645168_thumb.j

post-66313-0-85496500-1408645169_thumb.j

Jut got my QC pictures from INTIME (great communication from Jordan) for the V6 version for your review, comments, previously had the V3 version and am upgrading to the V6 and am wondering what if any additional mods I might need to do (such as Domi's AR Xtal or send to VAC) on this or leave as is? Thanks for your feedback and  comments.

The Domi's AR Xtal brings your V6 to another level.

Do it if you can, it's a must on all ROO rep (I know guys that did it on their Gen AP)

Domi's AR on my Diver V6

image_zps3a3e7edf.jpg

Domi's AR on my 15400 Miyota

image_zps127bcfe1.jpg