When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch repair

Mark Whinn

Hi , has anyone ever sent a watch back to Joshua at perfect clones ? I posted mine back on 22/4/14 and still hasn't received it ??

I'm a bit worried now,as I paid nearly £300 for the watch,that just keeps stopping every half hour or so . Any help,comments in the matter,would be much appreciated .

If you followed the instructions it will get there. Don't bother looking at the tracking, everything I have ever sent shows as received in the sorting centre and that is the last entry. I know it had arrived though as it was repaired and returned. Give it a month then check with Josh.

Mark - I wish you all the luck. If you read around you'll see this is not the recommended way about getting a rep repaired. It may cost more out of pocket but it is usually a safer bet to repair it yourself. You'll likely get your watch back, but it's likely to be the same watch with nothing actually done to it.

• Like 1

U probably don't want to hear this but as Jpz stated most of the experienced members suggest not to send back to China. I don't know if I have back luck but out of the 12 watches I have bought in the last few months 5 needed to be fixed. I was lucky enough to find a great Watchsmith in the US who is rep friendly and is very good. Some I purchased from trusted dealers and some were off the sales boards. While it costs a little more to send them to the WS--depending on what they need, when I get them back I will know they are in good working order and will operate properly for a long time. Anymore when I am looking at buying a piece I add on the cost of sending to the WS for a "check up".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really believe that sending one back to China is a real crap shoot, you may win, but you darn sure may lose. like someone else said, it's no guarantee that should your watch make it through Chinese customs, airport freight handlers, etc. the dealer gets the watch it gets thrown In a pile of others, and weeks later, someone else comes by checks on the watches, and thinks they are fixed, they get boxed up and sent back. Hope yours gets through and arrives back fixed, but why subject yourself to all the worry, expense and drama? find a rep friendly watch maker, send or take it to him, get it serviced, and you are good to go for a long time.

• Like 1

There are threads on all the questions and ways of the Rep on this here forum, which if read would lead one to a better understanding of how to go about living in the Rep world.

Why Reps are the way they are, the lows and highs, care of Reps, whom to buy from and how, fixes and modifications, etc., all of these Rep Life questions are here to help one enjoy this hobby more and know what to expect before making a haste decision and then ask Why!?.

Costs of an object does not guarantee quality. Even $100k autos have recalls.

Second that, I had a Chronoswiss Tora about a 5k watch back 8 years ago, had to send it back to Chronoswiss twice for problems. Average time was over 3 months.so it's not just reps that break. Go to any of the gen forums and read some if the horror stories.there are cases where people actually wore their watches out of an AD and had then stop before they got it home!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breitling  service for vintage watches is 12 months JLC longer average time for a full IWC,Rolex,Panerai service is 3 months 

compared to that the rep times are not bad lol 

Edited by archierocks

Ak was that the BB you sent back ?

Yes sir, it sure was. I sent two items out at the same time, one item I sold to a gentleman in Taiwan, and the other was a broken Black Bay to China and it never made it. The other one to Taiwan made it just fine. If I would have known a rep friendly watchsmith at the time it would have gone to him. Now that I know. Misekped and use his services, I have no reason to send one back again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Any input for a noob about where to find a rep friendly watchmaker in the US and particularly locally/regionally? What kind of cost is reasonable to service one of the Asian 2824 movements? Is there a good source to get one if needs to be swapped or are they usually easily maintained like the swiss equivalent. I've generally had good luck with Sea-Gull manual movements, haven't used the autos yet.