When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

24hr GMT movement concern

irolexu

I know that with the 2836 modified movements that 24hr hand slippage can be an issue. I had it happen a couple of times with my sterile PAM063.

The newer generation of 2836 GMTs with the spring-loaded GMT wheel seem much more reliable, I've never seen one slip.

@ the OP: no offense, but are you sure you know how the GMT is supposed to work?

Not the OP but also wondering. If I set the gym dial (reverse of date set) should it not continue accurately from there? I have a PO GMT that will only move the GMT dial at its whim and not from where I set it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the 2836 GMT mod you should set the GMT hand then pull the crown out all the way (to the third position) then push it back in and this will set the gear. No need to change the date unless the date needs changing of course. The best practice to setting the time on a GMT modded mvmt that has been sitting is to 1 set the GMT hand, 2 date and then 3 the time.

Thank you!  That helps a lot.

With the 2836 GMT mod you should set the GMT hand then pull the crown out all the way (to the third position) then push it back in and this will set the gear. No need to change the date unless the date needs changing of course. The best practice to setting the time on a GMT modded mvmt that has been sitting is to 1 set the GMT hand, 2 date and then 3 the time.