When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a 'decent' Datejust replica

hautetime

Hi everyone, as per the title I'm interested in buying a decent datjust rep. By decent I mean proper sized hands and 2.5X cyclops. I am okay with either 36mm and 41mm but they have to be SS models not gold. Just checked out watcheden and they're having this for 149$. I can't post the link as I'm new but the title says  "Rolex Datejust II Automatic Stick Marking with Blue Dial 41mm Same Structure As Swiss ETA Version-High Quality-1" on their website. Are there anywhere else to shop for this? and how long is the delivery for watcheden to Malaysia?

Thanks!

Pm Matt, but I think generally they start at quite a bit more than that. Depends on parts selected. To me more than worth the extra cost. Great pieces that you know are done correctly with excellent quality control and movements that will run for a long time. In addition to being a great watchsmith he is just a great guy. Here is a pic of a DD he built me. Much more $ but a beautiful piece I think. Keeps excellent time and everything works

uma7uget.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what you mean by "decent".

And as I wrote in a recent thread in the proper Rolex area, it's pretty messy to get how the rep should looks like as there's plenty of models and some of them are fully fantasy ones.

I would say: stick on a single color one (no gold+steel etc) and try to give a look to the big guys here (the dealer is trusted and I've already had a good purchase with him);

Here is the 36/37mm ones: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_12&sort=3d&page=1

Here the II with 41mm ones: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_294&page=1&sort=3d

they're already ordered from the most to the least expensive, go on with the pages until you find what you like (the first apparently have "real diamonds" therefore are damn expensive...)

PS: I'd not go below 250US$ for a good one.

Cheers,

GenTLe

I doubt that you are going to get much for 150USD. That movement is probably going to be the really cheap Asian that has been modified to beat @28800, rather than 21000. It is NOTa high quality movement.

Not sure what Matt would charge, but he builds a fantastic very accurate DJ and DD. If you get one with genuine dial, crown, crystal, it will be very hard to tell from the genuine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk