When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ever Been Called On Your Replica?

Raijor

That sure don't sound like no friend to me, pardner :cowboy:

Oh believe me I know... for a long time I put up with him because we work together and he was a decent guy, but over the years he seems to be getting more immature to the point the only joy in his life seems to be talking about other peoples business... the mots ironic part is if you ever talk about anything in his life he flips out...

Anyhow I made it pretty clear to him recently that my stuff is my business and unless I start doing something actually worth talking about (like trying to pull them off as gens) he needs to find other things to talk about... he got me pretty [censored]... the funny part... I drew him for our secret santa game at work :D

Well most of my friends can't afford and wouldn't buy a Rolex and aren't impressed by them really (the common thread amongst my circle of friends is (no offense to gen owners here) you are an idiot if you will pay that much for a watch becuase some company tells you it's wroth that much) but there is always my buddy who runs around telling people I have a fake rolex which makes me look bad and he told one very wealthy guy and his friends last night who didn't look like they appreciated it at all (the words used were "this guy has a fake rolex" so it doesn't sound good and sounds worse since I wasn't the one comming clean with it, so it looked like I was hiding it).

There were scowls all around and I was told I should have just bought a real one as they are only $2500... I alloted to that I couldn't find them for less than $4500 but didn't take it much further as these people were obviously pretty disgusted with the thought of a fake Rolex, although none of them could come up with a really legitimate good reason to pay full price for one (other than that they all owned only gens).

Different strokes for different folks I guess...

I do have to wonder if they would have changed their minds had they known I could fairly easily afford a gen Rolex but just choose not to (I live considerably below my means).

Like Neil says, "Any idiot with a freshly stamped credit card can take a ride to a high end mall and put himself in Rolex class." The judgements about class and affordability really dont apply in this price range. Now, if you walked in with a 9/10 replica of a VC, no one is going to think it's real.

The guy running around telling people you have a fake Rolex needs to be taken down a notch or two. A Sharpie and a few well chosen rumor fueling scrawls inside the mens room should shut him up!

I have never been called out. the first thing that people ask when they see Rolex.

Is it Real or Fake. It seem to me that everybody think that Rolexes are fake.

Yeah, the world's full of "experts" out there. I had a collegue at work take my Breitling GT in his hands with a skeptical look. He turned it over and smugly said, "This is a fake. If it's a Breitling, how come it says Bentley on the back?!" (He managed in his hubris to overlook "Swilzerland"!)

"WOW, you are a sharp one!!! You got me there!!" I told him to check out the line of Bentley watches on the Breitling website and he could come back with an apology after lunch.

Humbled, he slinked back with an apology and reverence for my GT. "God, I'm sorry, that's a beautiful watch. Can I see it again?" He held it like he was holding a robin's egg. Since he didn't ask me directly again if it was a fake, I had no need to offer the information. He now refers to me as the guy with the incredible watch.

EXPERTS :yuk:

I actually kind of called my cousin out on a fake A.Lange & Söhne this weekend.. I didn't mean to do it, I just noticed a tourbillon looking watch on his arm, and I knew he was into watches a while back. So I asked him what he was wearing. He looked at me and said "It says A. Lange on the dial...." Knowing I would understand..

He's a wealthy guy, but he'd never fork out that much on a watch. So I asked if I could see it. It was obviously a fake, with an exposed balance wheel and cheap looking hands and movement.

I showed him my Pam 250, and he was impressed, he'd never seen a Panerai replica or genuine, and he fell for it.

I told him about this place, and he might show up here one of these days. We sat discussing watches for a while, nice to know I am not the only one with this affliction in the family. ;)

oh btw, while we were talking about watches, a girl we know suddenly stuck her arm out and showed us her Rado replica :) I guess replicas are everywhere!