When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help 6.5 Wrist

russ

I have a pam 50 for my 6.5 wrist. Would really like to buy a 111,183, 177...you get the picture, I simply love the simplicity of the Panerai. My only concern is that the larger watches will look too big on my wrist.

What do you think?

My wrist is 6.75", and is a perfect fit for 44/45mm models (I have an 001, 118, and 183). I use Don's short straps, or custom lengths from Banda. The look can be quite different, depending on whether your wrist is rounder, or flatter in shape (fortunately, mine is quite flat).

6.75" wrist here too... Panerai fits perfect on my wrist. My Omega SMP Pro is now too small andthe Sea-Dweller looks like a girl's watch on.

I can not, although, wear a Fiddy or any 47mm+, they just look cartoonish on me IMO

avitt is correct though, there are different types of wrists and all above atributes will contribute to the aesthetics of the watch you're wearing.

I also think that your build AND what clothes and how you wear them will make a big difference.

6.75" wrist here too... Panerai fits perfect on my wrist. My Omega SMP Pro is now too small andthe Sea-Dweller looks like a girl's watch on.

I can not, although, wear a Fiddy or any 47mm+, they just look cartoonish on me IMO

avitt is correct though, there are different types of wrists and all above atributes will contribute to the aesthetics of the watch you're wearing.

I also think that your build AND what clothes and how you wear them will make a big difference.

6.80" wrist size too....44mm Panny sits perfectly on my flat wrist and buddy says I can surely pull off a 47mm fiddy as I am 6 footer with 195lbs.....I guess size and built does matter :lol:

Hey Pug,

Not very hairy arms there! Do you shave?.... or wax? :p

Neither, I just attract the ladies. :D

There's no evidence of ape-like missing-link ancestors in my recent family history, if that's what you mean. Piltdown Man didn't charm my great-grandmother. :1a:

Hope you know i'm joking... especially if I ask about hair on the 3rd knuckle?? :D

I think it's fairly obvious I know you're joking. :D

Hey, do you know why Offshore wears platform shoes?

To stop his knuckles dragging on the floor.

*Pugwash runs and hides. He's an ape of a man that can pound me into dust with those big ape-mitts of his.*

So maybe you and I better stop thread crapping, and get on with some serious discussions.

Yeah, sorry about the thread-crapping.

A Panerai works fine on a 6.5" wrist as long as you wear it right. As long as the straps don't go inwards under the watch, you're fine. 90deg or more is the angle you want. Let me do a drawing ...

165085-11304.jpg