When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC sub LUME!

Mike on a bike

Well guys finally got to wear my TC, I had a gen bezel, crystal (noAR), and crown (don't ask me why pretty damn good out of the box) put on as soon as it came in. But then I needed to wait for another link ( member rulosi to the rescue :notworthy: ) TC's come with an extra built in but I needed more............ :bangin:

But enough history so I bring to my friendly jeweler to add link (I'll just scratch it up!) no problem no charge done in a minute while I chat with owner. So now evening I put under 60 watt lamp for 1/2 hour put on go to bed. Wake up 5 hours later ( sleep very little) still glowing very nicely and pearl (gen) right with the dial on intensity. Now the mysterious supplier of this dial in TC's story well lord knows where they come from but as close as you get if not gen I venture. Now as you all know my regular pics suck and lume shots way beyond me so no pics! But it did happen just gonna have to trust MOAB on this one. :pimp:

PS as you guys know I have plenty of gens with Swiss super luminova but this one takes the cake. Now for a lume off with the vaunted Seiko lum-brite, report tomorrow morn.

OK guys TC going in the solid aluminum watch case no glass as Seiko in it's box w/ no light, this way both will get equal light time under lamp this evening from a dead state. Switch to the vintage Seamaster 300 big triangle on a leather Nato. ;)

post-44391-0-83561500-1402660388_thumb.j

This dial may have to visit Big Dazza for a little of his ageing............

OK guys TC going in the solid aluminum watch case no glass as Seiko in it's box w/ no light, this way both will get equal light time under lamp this evening from a dead state. Switch to the vintage Seamaster 300 big triangle on a leather Nato. ;)

attachicon.gifomera vintae 008.JPG

This dial may have to visit Big Dazza for a little of his ageing............

Love this vintage seamaster!:) is this a cartel version?

OK guys well the Seiko and TC were put under the lamp same time having been in darkness all day.  About five/six hours dead heat no noticeable difference as far as length of glow overall going to do that one tonight.

Test subjects: (well you know the TC but the Seiko you need to see right)

post-44391-0-22326600-1402751739_thumb.j

Just put them side by side in the Seiko's box it's brandy new in plastic bought while back.

post-44391-0-27402300-1402752140_thumb.j

By the way if you can find that Seiko at a good price jump it, the Seiko Snow Monster (this is the baby white monster) are going for over 1000 so will drive these up.

Look here:   http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_nkw=seiko+snow+monster

I really like that Seamaster of yours.

I myself am waiting on my TC v6 tho, been 20 something days so far since payment. I've since acquired a gen insert, and gen crown. Can't wait for the watch to arrive.

I really like that Seamaster of yours.

I myself am waiting on my TC v6 tho, been 20 something days so far since payment. I've since acquired a gen insert, and gen crown. Can't wait for the watch to arrive.

I have been waiting 43 days and counting, i will be an old man by the time it comes  :wheelchair: