When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A hello to all RWG members

A hello to each and every RWG member.

I have been a watch collector for many many years some of which are replica. I look forward to making some new like minded.

Richard

Edited by Richard the 1st

• Interests:Reading and writing poetry. Theatre. Clasic mg cars. Showing my beautiful corgis at crufts. Clay pigeon shooting. Fox hunting. Chess. Watches and clocks.

If any of this is factual I am truly looking forward to reading your threads :euro:

tumblr_mn619jvsCt1rxaho8o1_400.gif

Welcome to RWG :)

• Interests:Reading and writing poetry. Theatre. Clasic mg cars. Showing my beautiful corgis at crufts. Clay pigeon shooting. Fox hunting. Chess. Watches and clocks.
If any of this is factual I am truly looking forward to reading your threads :euro:

tumblr_mn619jvsCt1rxaho8o1_400.gif

Welcome to RWG :)

Kind words I also look forward to reading your post's freind

Hello Vlydog I am a member of many forums. This forum seems informative, interesting and also does seem to have some interesting characters here and I like it.

Nice to meet you vlydog.

OK rolexuk how very kind.

gran dear friend I apologise in advance, but I'm not sure I follow your last post?.

One obvious interpretation is that "rolexuk" is Mr.Hyde, that only leaves one to intrepret who he might be as the handsome and likable Dr. Jekyll

I take a person as they are to me, not on somebody else's say so. I have conversed with rolexuk and he seems a gentleman and a scholar.

My suggestion would be to you gran. Keep your disagreements between yourself and the other concerned. whoever the other is and on what day is of no interest to me.

Richard

gentleman and a scholar.

Richard

This 1700's phrase was revived in the classic 'Catcher in the Rye,'. It is in fact considered one of the highest compliments you can pay to someone, so it may well be Dr. Jekyll you have been conversing with.

Waiving the red flag

Gunnar :)

• Like 1

gran well done on your knowledge of the phrase "gentleman and a scholar" but this is of no interest to me and the reason you feel the need to find the origins of the phrase seems unnecessary and irrelevant.

I feel you are having an almost provocative personal attack on one of your valued fellow RWG members in rolexuk and I wish to be no part of this.

I hope this topic can buried and never raised again as although I am an easy going chap bullying is something I will not entertain and also my secondry concern is for the sake of spoiling future threads using this manner.

Richard

gran well done on your knowledge of the phrase "gentleman and a scholar" but this is of no interest to me and the reason you feel the need to find the origins of the phrase seems unnecessary and irrelevant.

I feel you are having an almost provocative personal attack on one of your valued fellow RWG members in rolexuk and I wish to be no part of this.

I hope this topic can buried and never raised again as although I am an easy going chap bullying is something I will not entertain and also my secondry concern is for the sake of spoiling future threads using this manner.

Richard

non recipit stultus verba prudentiae nisi ea dixeris quae versantur in corde eiu

Responding in a language a British man is unlikely to be able to read I find very immature. I ask myself why you wouldn't want me to understand what you have written and I can only presume you didn't find conversing in a language I can read was beneficial to your single minded, obsessed and constant view on talking a fellow member in rolexuk down.

I am concerned that such a long standing member behaves like this on a newly registered members first thread. I hope we can discontinue this behaviour and from now on concentrate on topics/threads on hand instead of the constant assassination of another member as is child like.

Read this thread back gran which I'm sure you will and you will see only one member being what I politely call a nuisance.

Richard

Guest rolexuk

Cheers Richard.

gran and sgtuk not too many dog's on 1 bone .

P's here's 1 for you gran if we gonna be childish "gran the din rockers inger all that comes from his mui is jank but he thinks he's iky but really he's a nedipec who ain't no good for a cor so shouldn't move his mui so much he deffinatly never seen a mank and only tru mate is his cory" haha

Edited by rolexuk