When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New tactical watch

Ezio

I had a first gen Omega X-33, and it was a very good watch. Quartz, but analog hands, and a bunch of other functions, which were pretty easy to get to after a little practice. On the gen Omega forums, some said that the first gen had crown problems, which were fixed with the second gen and the first gens that were sent back to Omega for repair. I never had any problems with mine. Titanium case and bracelet made it super light. Just wasn't generating a lot of wrist time, so I sold it. I had several gen Omegas over the years, and they never were long term keepers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a first gen Omega X-33, and it was a very good watch. Quartz, but analog hands, and a bunch of other functions, which were pretty easy to get to after a little practice. On the gen Omega forums, some said that the first gen had crown problems, which were fixed with the second gen and the first gens that were sent back to Omega for repair. I never had any problems with mine. Titanium case and bracelet made it super light. Just wasn't generating a lot of wrist time, so I sold it. I had several gen Omegas over the years, and they never were long term keepers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also had a 1st gen X-33 that I installed a 2nd gen crown on. Another one I wished I had kept.

c9.jpg

Dave...

Yeah, weight is a problem with these. I like to feel it there. Careful with the Luminox watches; they're practically feather light too.

Guys is light weight good or bad under G forces ( I would think good) or is it just the feel  :g:? My Luminox is like 55 grams one of the reasons it gets the most wrist time of all my watches.

Guys is light weight good or bad under G forces ( I would think good) or is it just the feel :g:? My Luminox is like 55 grams one of the reasons it gets the most wrist time of all my watches.

I don't believe weight has anything to do with G forces. A quartz watch will perform better under those loads than a mechanical watch. For me, it's a matter of preference. I wore a Citizen Wingman for while then I had a rapid-D at altitude and it practically came apart. That's when I started wearing the MIL issued watch.

Shock capability of mechanical wrist watches > 5,000 g that are the highest g force a watch can withstand dont know about a Quartz a F16 can make 9 g's without even trying maybe something there

Edited by Ezio

Shock capability of mechanical wrist watches > 5,000 g that are the highest g force a watch can withstand dont know about a Quartz a F16 can make 9 g's without even trying maybe something there

Yes, but what are the effects on the timing (bph) of a mechanical after a series of consecutive high g maneuvers?

And also not the watches will offer my service to the forum members maybe i can be a trusted modder

9g's test to see how good your watch is Price 200 dollars

Having it be test fired with a custom missile from a F16 575thousand dollars haha