When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another MMM frankenjust

dec

This kicked off when I snapped up a gen case and bezel on Ebay for $150. This made up for a long period of regretting not getting one of those Roling cases years ago!

I then sourced a bunch of other bits without realising Matt was also a source.

- Gen case, back, bezel, dial, tube, crown, date wheel with open font
- TC Super 2824–2
- Clarks hands
- Raffles Time movement holder #2
- Donerix strap
- Aftermarket Rolex 16mm buckle (from another watch, so can't remember who from)

Two slight set backs... the TC movement arrived at Matt's without the higher H4 pinion and Matt had to cope. Also the gen crown had a thread problem, so Matt swapped it with his supplier for a better one for not much money. Good guy.

I ummmed and ahhhed about the strap. Had it on a grey and blue nato for a few days but my wife thought that wasn't dressy enough. She normally just says, "Whatever", so it must have been pretty lacklustre. So I was looking for some of the texture of a jubilee, but not the bling, when I spotted this Donerix in his sale. It's as fat as a jubilee and hard to get on and off actually, as it's rather stiff through the buckle. I preferred to play it down a bit with the two-tone. 

Enjoy...

IMG_4.jpg

Oh yeah, original crystal too... left a bit of patina.
Edited by dec
  • Like 1

I like the strap too. It's different but looks really good. That's what makes a watch so personal. It's not really what anyone else likes, it's what you like that matters. The fact that everyone else likes it too, makes its a winner for sure

Edited by mymanmatt