When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wristcheck 26 June

Cats

I saw Lanikai post pics of it on a wrist check thread a few years back and I bought one from Silix shortly thereafter. I think it was the sleeper rep of 2010. I've gotten more comments/compliments on this rep from normal everyday people than the rest of the reps that I own combined. Women in particular seem to love this watch.

It's not a super-rep because there are small deviations vs the gen, but it's the most gen-like rep I've ever had if that makes any sense. It blows my Omega PO v4 and Breitling SFSO out of the water. The fit and finish is incredible. The other bonus is that it's so obscure, no one has ever seen a real one in person, and the fit and finish is so good it would never occur to anyone that it wasn't a gen. I actually wear this watch to most trials and negotiations. It's my good luck charm.

I wrote a full review of it entitled "Montblanc Sport Chrono: Sino-German Underdog Extraordinaire" back in 2010:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/113487-review-montblanc-sport-chronograph/?hl=%2Bmontblanc+%2Bsport+%2Bchrono

Edited by dovo1695

I saw Lanikai post pics of it on a wrist check thread a few years back and I bought one from Silix shortly thereafter. I think it was the sleeper rep of 2010. I've gotten more comments/compliments on this rep from normal everyday people than the rest of the reps that I own combined. Women in particular seem to love this watch.

It's not a super-rep because there are small deviations vs the gen, but it's the most gen-like rep I've ever had if that makes any sense. It blows my Omega PO v4 and Breitling SFSO out of the water. The fit and finish is incredible. The other bonus is that it's so obscure, no one has ever seen a real one in person, and the fit and finish is so good it would never occur to anyone that it wasn't a gen. I actually wear this watch to most trials and negotiations. It's my good luck charm.

I wrote a full review of it entitled "Montblanc Sport Chrono: Sino-German Underdog Extraordinaire" back in 2010:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/113487-review-montblanc-sport-chronograph/?hl=%2Bmontblanc+%2Bsport+%2Bchrono

Had missed that review must have been one of my periods away from the board! Thanks for directing me there.

German really!? and yes! Montblanc is a brand that woman easily spot!! I think many of them love this style brand!

"German really!? and yes! Montblanc is a brand that woman easily spot!! I think many of them love this style brand!"

Well, it may have been born in Germany, and originally manufactured in Switzerland by a South African owned firm, but by god it was the Chinese who brought it to the masses :)

BTW, if anyone ever finds this thing still for sale in some dust bin of our trusted dealers let me know. I might buy a couple for spares :)