When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Damaged Box

bing-o

I ordered the Lady Chanel J12 with swiss quartz including the box set from King. I received it yesterday, the watch is lovely and my wife loves it. Unfortunately the box was damaged upon receiving it. The hinge (I think that's what they called it) that holds the lower and upper part of the box as it is opened is non functional. It now opens 180 degrees, it is held together only by synthetic leather materials only. I am new so I am not sure if the dealer is supposed to replace it or I have to accept it as it is????

The package came in it's original FedEx envelope and seal (was not opened and resealed), customs did not open it. The box was in another paper box and wrapped in plastic and plastered. E-mailed King and she blames it on the forwarders but the fact that it is in the original packing suggests it was defective from the source, doesn't it?

The transaction to buy the watch was excellent and the shipping was quick, unfortunately the damaged box took some of the pleasure away.

Your input is appreciated <_<:bicycle:

My friend,

We are dealing in illicit goods here.

The " dealer" does not "have" to do anything... the dealer may elect to assist you with your problem... or may elect to tell you to blow smoke up your a**e.

But NO, we don't have any "laws" to tell the dealer what to do... or not to do.

Would loved you to have asked the same question of Neil :p

Sorry .. thats the way it is.

Offshore

If it is truly shipping damage and you did not ask to have it insured for delivery then your expence. If manufacturer damage then sellers expence. Since the seller may not have even seen the box if she had it drop shipped just contact him/her and discuss.

Usil

I think your dealer SHOULD replace it.

Although replicas are illegal, in my oppinion, our business relationship with our dealers MUST be based on trust.

@fitmic,

Most certainly in agreeance there... SHOULD being the operative word.

HAVE however... is just a little strong.

Offshore

Thanks for the input guys. I have not decided if I should take pictures and discuss it with her, if it was the watch itself that's defective then certainly I will bring the matter up with her. However, I am aware that there is no warranty or guarantee involved here but she is one of the forum's trusted dealer and as such there should be some degree of good faith involved in buying and selling the reps or accessories. :unsure:

Thanks for the input guys. I have not decided if I should take pictures and discuss it with her, if it was the watch itself that's defective then certainly I will bring the matter up with her. However, I am aware that there is no warranty or guarantee involved here but she is one of the forum's trusted dealer and as such there should be some degree of good faith involved in buying and selling the reps or accessories. :unsure:

If its 'king' it is a very nice lady and if you ask it CLEAR and POLITE she will replace it ;)

It's a freaking box! A box that will sit in a drawer and take up space. You have already given it to your wife so there is not even any presentation factor left.

Sure, she probably SHOULD replace it but you have to pick your fights. Do you REALLY care about a fake watch box that costs pennies to produce?

I think it was good intentions that brought the post here before contacting the dealer (wants to research before he acts) but I agree you should always take it up with the dealer first before involving anyone else.

And for the record, I doubt anyone will insure watches or accessories as in order to collect the sender must provide the shipper with a reciept to prove value... I doubt ANY of our dealers are going to be doing anything like that as they don't have a receipt to begin with.

Email King, tell her your issue and be polite, I would be surprised if she doesn't make it right.

But if she doesn't, it's an unfortunate. But there is no rule or law about what she has to do.

In the future it may be good to ask your dealer before buying what they cover in terms of shipping damage.

I do not understand why you would even post this before you discussed it with King. Good lord - just ask king first.

I think you should read what I have written in the 1st place before shooting your mouth off. I am merely asking for an opinion among more experienced members of the forum. I even commended King on the watch and service!

For your opinion I did e-mailed her before posting this issue. She feels that it is the forwarders fault and after considering what has been said in this forum, I have decided to let it be.

TQ

I think it was good intentions that brought the post here before contacting the dealer (wants to research before he acts) but I agree you should always take it up with the dealer first before involving anyone else.

And for the record, I doubt anyone will insure watches or accessories as in order to collect the sender must provide the shipper with a reciept to prove value... I doubt ANY of our dealers are going to be doing anything like that as they don't have a receipt to begin with.

Email King, tell her your issue and be polite, I would be surprised if she doesn't make it right.

But if she doesn't, it's an unfortunate. But there is no rule or law about what she has to do.

In the future it may be good to ask your dealer before buying what they cover in terms of shipping damage.

Thanks for the advice, have decided not to ask her to replace it. In the future, I will ask the dealer about cover in terms of shipping damage.

I realize that ordering reps by mail order is like a lottery sometimes....a whole lot of things could go wrong, from the transaction, the watch itself and the shipping (lost, delayed and being confiscated) and there is the reliability issue as well. However, if everything goes well, it actually gives me immense pleasure! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i think that every dealer should do everything to keep a customer happy...especially in cases where the cost of replacement is low...just my 0.02$...

BTW...our dealers are great...and they do all the possible to keep us happy...I belive King will do the same...had one transaction with her...everything went well except i had to pay custom taxes for half value of the watch (partially mistake from the dealer--since she wrote that the value of the watch was 30$--had a call from the customs telling me no way that a VC could cost 30$.. :lol: ... and the customs evaluated the watch for over 250$...and they evaluated good...for a rep!)

I think you should read what I have written in the 1st place before shooting your mouth off. I am merely asking for an opinion among more experienced members of the forum. I even commended King on the watch and service!

For your opinion I did e-mailed her before posting this issue. She feels that it is the forwarders fault and after considering what has been said in this forum, I have decided to let it be.

TQ

That is what I did for you TQ - I gave you the opinion of an more experienced member!