When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Resize Po Band

addscotland

Hi Guys,

I hate to ask this question, but I have done many searches and cannot find a link for re-sizing the PO Bracelet. I have just received my 6th Gen 45 PO and it looks so sharp I just can't wait to give it some wrist time.

Hope you can give a new guy some assistance. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You need the link pin removal tool that Narikaa sells for five quid here

I'm not sure that this is the easiest bracelet to work on though (I think the pins can be hard work getting out).

Best of luck!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yep. Use that tool that Narikaa sells, then pull out the pin with pliers. My ultimate PO was harder to resize than my 4th gen one. The pins to some right hammer to get out. I use a a plastic block slotted for the strap, with holes in (for the pin) to hold it while i pull the pin out.

My ultimate PO was harder to resize than my 4th gen one.

Holy cow. :blink:

It took me about 45 minutes to resize my 4th gen PO the first time... that was with the link-pin tool...

After a bit of practice and such on other pinned braclet reps I could probably do the same operation in about 15 minutes...

But I fail to see how the ultimate PO could be harder... are the pins welded into position now?... Yeesh the 4th gen was rough.

Yep, at first attempt those bracelet pins are a [censored] alright :angry:

My tip owes itself to Sir Isaac Newton....use a steady hand, push strap vertically down onto pin carefully avoiding any lateral movement, with whatever you're 'pushing' with (I use a secured inverted purple jewellers screwdriver) - there is a audible click and from then a pair of pliers to just pull pin freely out. Fitted a bracelet in 3 mins using this technique. Refitting the pins fortunately is infinitely easier.

Alternatively, some of us just fit a genuine PO rubber strap :whistling:;)

Sized my 45 PO a week ago. First I ruined the crap link pin tool by bending it beyond fixing. Then I bent the pin and ripped a link apart trying to pry it loose. After a little practice I eventually got the job done but I won't be selling it with the extra links as they have been all but destroyed. Right tools for the job is critical. :bangin:

Many thanks for your advice guys, I think I'll get the link pin remover as you've suggested I've tried to remove them with a ground down pin but with no success. I think this version is no easier than the rest! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Do not let fear mislead you......................

I do actually not "catch" what is so difficult with the PO pins. Of course not as easy as screws, but ............

Use the pin remover and be very precise. when pressed appr 3-4 mm, stop pressing and use the pliers. Avoid laterals.

when inserting, press with no laterals and use a small plastic/fiber-head hammer for the final 3-4 mm.

It is all a question of being precise................

I have rezied my PO a couple of ties the week I have had it. Can not quite find out how tight I want the bracelet to be. Five minutes per link, no more actually.

He means press straight down with no sideways movement...

Anyhow, I just did mine and it wasn't terribly hard... however I had the benefit of some pins left over from sizing my Semaster Bond (which was a ROYAL PAIN) to help...

If you can get your hands on a suitable pin (or get one pin out of your PO band) what I do is use the pin pusher to push the pin out as much as possible, then put the band in the resizing holder and use, then drive your spare pin in half way. This will push the pin in your bracelet out half way.

Now they will both be moderatly stuck in your link, but a quick tug with some pliers gets the pin out fast as now each of them is just barely being held in by the collar inside.

Getting the pin in is very simple in comparison, just hammer it in.

Don't lose the collar!

Now if someone can just tell me how to fix the divers extension that won't stay shut :)