When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

problem- dwo in TC sub

jack219

Jack,

This is going to sound weird, but you are not the first person I've heard have this issue. I've heard of this happening to probably 3 or 4 other people. Strange.

I'd contact one of the watch repair guys in the forum and see what it would cost to send it off.

Best,

Sam

• Like 1

My guess is the date wheel is rubbing the dial, dial spacer, or something in the date works is not up to par. Probably will have to remove the dial to see what is going on.

It may be an easy fix.

Flip the dates around by quick set while looking through the date window and see if the date wheel is an even distance below the window all the way around. High spots can cause dragging on the dial. If the dw appears to be even all the way around and the date catches half way in the window all the time or now and then, it usually means there may not be enough tension on the date wheel locating spring or not enough 'kick' when it changes.

If random dates catch half way in the window it is usually a date flip works problem. 

If the hanging in the window is random and you can lightly flip the case with your finger and the date goes from half way to complete change, it is usually date flipper trouble rather than dragging on the dial etc.

note:

All the above is an uneducated guess.  :pimp:

• Like 1