When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anybody own a Richard Mille rep?

positivitony

does anybody out there own a Richard Mille rep of any kind? If so, post pics! I'm thinking about buying one soon.

I think RM watches are cool visually, but the blatantly inaccurate date fonts in the rep puts me off. 

Until this is resolved, I would not be considering purchasing any. ;)

I think RM watches are cool visually, but the blatantly inaccurate date fonts in the rep puts me off. 

Yeah, not counting that going around with a 500k$ watch not sitting on a Rolls, Ferrari or similar would pretty clearly speak about the watch too ;)

It's a sin, as I'd like to have a "toy skull watch". But the BR Airborne rep is too bad, the RM is bad too and doesn't fit with my life style, 

This Perrelet is very nice, but not repped:

Perrelets-Turbine-Limited-Editions.jpg

The Daniel Strom "Memento Mori, Carpe Diem " would be good for some Grind metal music lover, but not for me:

daniel-strom-memento-mori-carpe-diem_blo

This is lovable, but again not repper (Romain Jerome – The Death Watch):

romain-jerome-dia-de-los-muertos-01.jpg

And the same for the Hublot Skull Bang and the Takashi Murakami x Hajime Asaoka "Death Takes No Bribe” Tourbillon:

hublot.jpg   943a17007bc757187c03fe5ecf766292.jpg

Yeah, not counting that going around with a 500k$ watch not sitting on a Rolls, Ferrari or similar would pretty clearly speak about the watch too ;)

It's a sin, as I'd like to have a "toy skull watch". But the BR Airborne rep is too bad, the RM is bad too and doesn't fit with my life style, 

This Perrelet is very nice, but not repped:

The Daniel Strom "Memento Mori, Carpe Diem " would be good for some Grind metal music lover, but not for me:

This is lovable, but again not repper (Romain Jerome – The Death Watch):

And the same for the Hublot Skull Bang and the Takashi Murakami x Hajime Asaoka "Death Takes No Bribe” Tourbillon:

On a side note, I just noticed that your username is almost an anagram of mine. :D

OK random musing over.. yes I would agree with you, anyone wearing an RM should have the lifestyle or capability to back it up..

else it can be quite jarring to the eyes, for example, to see an RM (gen or rep) sitting on the wrist of a kindergarten school teacher with a modest lifestyle.

Actually the same applies to all branded watches, but Rolexes and Panerais are a lot more affordable, especially if you buy them used.

Recently, I saw a supermarket check out lady (about 40 yrs old) wearing what my eyes told me was a gen Hublot Big Bang, 41mm. I guess she either got a huge bonus, her husband's watch, or a strange personal preference for a career. It was a strange sight to behold.     

Yep :) It comes from a book I read when I was 16yo, Imajica from Clive Barker :)

The supermarket check out lady may have had a manager husband, or a good lover (and in the meantime she has been incredibly good in horizontal gym :p ). Or maybe it was a fake: with the latest rep you can catch a rep just having a lens and a side by side check...

So should I say to my T.Rex (my Suzuki TL 1000 black like the hell with 85kkm) that she's not enough to make me a biker? :p

Lol! Nahh Im just kidding, I like to categorize everyone and everything... :p

You ride a bike, so you're a biker.

RM makes pretty bad-*ss, skullless, watches which are hard to rep

I agree 100%. I hate the date font but I love the rest of the watch. Is there a way to change the date font??

Actually, yes, a DWO or datewheel overlay is commonly used to resolve this issue. But someone has to print and produce it.