When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does anyone rep the AP Concepts?

Probably not, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Lets be realistic. 

I noticed you asking about accurate Richard Mille reps, customized RG cases and now the AP RO Concept.

These are all watches costing from $100k -$300k, and for good reason too. The intricacy and complexities of the movement, and the design work that went into customizing a very limited number of pieces would probably justify the asking price.

Majority of the decent reps today are replicas of genuine watches which cost way less than $50,000, and it has gotten the rep makers years to get their manufacturing technology to produce a workable, wearable, but still imperfect imitation of the genuine watches of that price level. 

Therefore, if you are going to continue asking questions like the ones you have asked, you are apt to get disappointed with the answers. So before you ask, decent reps of Urwerk, Hublot LaFerrari, RM tourbillons and other astronomically priced watches do not yet exist. They may someday in the future, and when they do, you would find yourself reading about them rather than asking about them, if you care to stick around, and understand the current progress of the rep industry.

So do some research, and if you have to ask, learn to ask the right questions here. Else I do not see the point of interacting based on a couple of open and shut threads about whether there are reps of this or that super exotic watch, or whether you could build a pure gold statue out that tells the time when you point at it and ask "time, goldie?"

Do a search, and search and read well. 

Know what exists now, know the constraints and mentality of the rep makers. There are many many lovely rep models available in the market right now. If none of them suits your fancy, then my unsolicited but judicious advice is, save up for the genuine watch and be happy with what the rep industry cannot offer you.

Try not to ask questions that can be clearly answered by a single word "NO". 

If they do rep it it will be in the 1000$ range and who would pay for that? People go above 500$ for Franken and genuine parts (and look) content but I don't thing for a totally new special edition they do or if they do it will not be enough sales to even start the production soon.

It's really an offer and demand market (some exceptions do exist because "factories" owner love watches too and can decide to produce something that caught their eyes - or they could rep because they bought the gen!). ;) I believe big TD could order some too but they would have to advance the money and that's usually avoided.

:clapping:  :clap3:

Finally someone said it.

Thanks mate.

I don't mean to put the OP down, but I think that he should be given an incisive answer on what the current rep industry is about, and manage his expectations accordingly.

Asking about replication of out of the world watches is not wrong, but is meaningless if its a habitual affair. Anything rep that the makers put out right now for the RO Concept would be a travesty when compared against the real McCoy. At least you get 90-95% accurate replicas for Rolex, Panerai, Hublots etc now and it took some time for the rep makers to get it the reps this close for these $10,000-$30,000 watches. 

Lets be realistic.

I noticed you asking about accurate Richard Mille reps, customized RG cases and now the AP RO Concept.

These are all watches costing from $100k -$300k, and for good reason too. The intricacy and complexities of the movement, and the design work that went into customizing a very limited number of pieces would probably justify the asking price.

Majority of the decent reps today are replicas of genuine watches which cost way less than $50,000, and it has gotten the rep makers years to get their manufacturing technology to produce a workable, wearable, but still imperfect imitation of the genuine watches of that price level.

Therefore, if you are going to continue asking questions like the ones you have asked, you are apt to get disappointed with the answers. So before you ask, decent reps of Urwerk, Hublot LaFerrari, RM tourbillons and other astronomically priced watches do not yet exist. They may someday in the future, and when they do, you would find yourself reading about them rather than asking about them, if you care to stick around, and understand the current progress of the rep industry.

So do some research, and if you have to ask, learn to ask the right questions here. Else I do not see the point of interacting based on a couple of open and shut threads about whether there are reps of this or that super exotic watch, or whether you could build a pure gold statue out that tells the time when you point at it and ask "time, goldie?"

Do a search, and search and read well.

Know what exists now, know the constraints and mentality of the rep makers. There are many many lovely rep models available in the market right now. If none of them suits your fancy, then my unsolicited but judicious advice is, save up for the genuine watch and be happy with what the rep industry cannot offer you.

Try not to ask questions that can be clearly answered by a single word "NO".

Well said!

Exactly: one of the subdued rules in the rep market is "keep it simple".

For the benefit of the OP:

These are basically all the movements around used in the reps:

ETA and their clones 2824-2 (28.8kBPH date)

ETA and their clones 2836-2 (like the previous but daydate, also used without the day function in many watches)

Clones of Valjoux 7750&7753 (the chronos)

Sellita SW200 & SW220 (same like the first 2 listed, but Swiss gen, fresh and expensive)

Few other smaller Eta (rare)

Miyota 9000/9100 (gen Jap, rare)

The handwind ones (that I don't know as handwind watches are not for me)

And various Ronda or Miyota quartz.

These are the high level reps (then there are various 21j for the cheap ones, not worth to mention them).

Out of these, there's ~nothing.

The factories can't build their own movements, they do something else, but not movements.

And the caliber makers can't go for the full reproduction of a ultracomplex mechanism that costs tens of thousands of $ and will fit just 2/3 models: 1st it will require months to get a properly functional one, 2nd they need to purchase the gen to copy it, not an easy ROI (return of investment).

Moreover the calibers makers are doing the ETA clones because the patents on them are already gone... A company like Seagull will not do a patented one and then go to sh_t just for creating replicas...

Exactly: one of the subdued rules in the rep market is "keep it simple".

For the benefit of the OP:

These are basically all the movements around used in the reps:

ETA and their clones 2824-2 (28.8kBPH date)

ETA and their clones 2836-2 (like the previous but daydate, also used without the day function in many watches)

Clones of Valjoux 7750&7753 (the chronos)

Sellita SW200 & SW220 (same like the first 2 listed, but Swiss gen, fresh and expensive)

Few other smaller Eta (rare)

Miyota 9000/9100 (gen Jap, rare)

The handwind ones (that I don't know as handwind watches are not for me)

And various Ronda or Miyota quartz.

These are the high level reps (then there are various 21j for the cheap ones, not worth to mention them).

Out of these, there's ~nothing.

The factories can't build their own movements, they do something else, but not movements.

And the caliber makers can't go for the full reproduction of a ultracomplex mechanism that costs tens of thousands of $ and will fit just 2/3 models: 1st it will require months to get a properly functional one, 2nd they need to purchase the gen to copy it, not an easy ROI (return of investment).

Moreover the calibers makers are doing the ETA clones because the patents on them are already gone... A company like Seagull will not do a patented one and then go to sh_t just for creating replicas...

THANK YOU! I didn't know any of this. Now I don't need to ask these kinds of ridiculous questions. I appreciate the info :)