When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You like?

Mike on a bike

Is that lighting or is it a "fade job" on the paint?  If it's a fade I like it, too!  That makes me think of Candy Apple Blue and Red dials - Oooo, the possibilities are endless!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mikemcnair

Ordered mine last night, I'm dying to see it, if it sucks, I'll throw a standard DSSD dial in it and call it a day.

I'm also getting the "new breed" high beat 2813 (28,800bph) so I'm eager to see how well that movement holds up, and if it is indeed 4hz.

Should it not be, I'll drop a 2836-2 in it and call it a day.

I am a sucker for blue, and if the entire dial were blue, and the bezel were blue (a royal blue tho, not the smurf blue from the Sub C's) I would have that instead. I have a blue Seawolf rep, blue seawolf gen dial and head, gen blue Tag Aquaracer 300m (2013 edition) a blue gen tag Kirium, a blue rep YachtMaster, a blue homage Pam with blue lume I did myself, a blue rep SuperOcean Titanium, a blue SuperOcean SS, as well as many others. If it's blue, I'm all over it!

That and red second hands! Anyone who knows me knows I paint ALLLLLLL second hands red. It's my thing.

Anywho, Andrew is sending my new Deep Blue DSSD imminently, and I'm super excited! I haven't purchased a rep in years, so I hope this one is nice! The last rep DSSD I got was from Mary (Watch International) and was absolutely stunning. That was 2010 or so. I have built more DSSD's than I can remember, from making the dials matte, to superlume, to gen inserts etc. I at one point (when I was a TD on another forum, before I failed a few customers and closed up shop) someone had coined my DSSD's as the "McDssd", which I was honored with. My pearl mod was what really made them great in my opinion.

I digress...

I will post any and all info I can once this beast is in my hands! I'm excited! I also have a Breitling rubber deployant strap with the micro adjustment on it that I will install from time to time, it is not only comfortable, it looks handsome as well! Like this but with the deployant...

test+111+060.JPG

Guest mikemcnair

I have actually had my dress shirts modified, and cufflinks modified, to ensure that I can fit a DSSD underneath my cuffs. Yes that may sound extreme, but when you wear a suit every day, and love the DSSD, you will do anything necessary to make it all work together. :thumbup: