When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Yuki bracelet being passed off as Gen?

Kime

I emailed the seller and asked some questions and asked him to post some extra pic, he did.

The seller says there is no date stamp on the clasp and NO give (wear) in the links. These are both tell alone as far as I am concerned.
But the holes on the clasp are not in alignment, the end links look rough and the tubes within them look bad, stamps are wrong etc. etc.

Comments gents?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281430133735?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$_12.JPG

Genuine or not...for $950 it should be solid gold and have GPS plus FM radio. These things were going for $150 a few years ago.

The last one I bought was $75 in about 80% condition although it was USA C&I, not swissy. The C&I bracelets were about $59 new in the early 1970s.

Compared to $950 for this one...Yuki's rivet oyster is a bargain at $169.

Most of them were pitched in a drawer or in the back of a closet years ago because they were hair pullers.

They are still hair pullers but now they are out of their drawers and out of the closet.   :pimp:

I think it's a Yuki and he's cobbled in different endlinks.

Every Yuki I've seen has deformed endlinks where they join the band.  In this photo you can see the opening is raised in an arc where the middle link penetrates.  Genuine bands are flat across here.

post-32-0-62747600-1409931815_thumb.jpg

Here's another showing even more deformation.  I had Yuki replace these, and the replacements weren't much better.

3.jpg

The seller has been clever in not showing any of the normal tells, I mailed the seller back and told him it is fake and advised that he revise his listing. His reaction was reduce the asking price from 1500 to 950 but nothing else. I think he knows it's fake. Maybe this should be reported before someone get disappointed.

Edited by Kime