When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD Blue/Black dial

astonjenks

Two weeks ago I couldn't resist and bought a Swiss version of the DSSD Blue/Black which arrived today.

We all now know of the flaws on the dial, the different shade of green on the DEEPSEA, the level at which the blue becomes black and the long minute markers around the SWISS MADE.

A week and a half ago whilst studying the flaws and looking for options I stumbled, literally across a guy in the Middle East that produces very expensive and very good aftermarket Rolex dials and he had a new Blue Black DSSD which addressed all of these flaws. I negotiated a price and the pictures below hopefully show how very good it is.

So now I am getting ready to swap the dial over, fit a TC DWO, double AR this Swiss driven DSSD beauty to make a really lovely piece. (Apologies re the dust on the new dial!)

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-32210300-1412440192_thumb.j

post-48021-0-20833900-1412440227_thumb.j

post-48021-0-83978000-1412440238_thumb.j

• Like 1

How much was the dial? Looking forward to actual assembled pics.

I saw them listed, member Whoopy12 posted about them last week. Their no longer on ebay I see, I recall them being like $250?

Either this guys picture isn't that great, or that "DEEPSEA," font is pretty darn yellow, it should be greener.

If, and when a factory gets these watches correct, or I may buy one.

Edited by k0hr