When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with My 7750 Movement

xzhync

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but not new to replica watches.  I have several nice watches including a Breitling Superocean and an Omega Seamaster Chrono.  It is the Omega that I need help with.  I actually purchased it approximately 6 years ago.  It is a 7750 movement, but probably an Asian version.  Almost immediately it stopped working.  I sent it back to Andrew (trustytime) who said he repaired it.  After receiving it back it stopped working almost immediately.  At that time I gave up, but last week I happened to find it and tried to shake and wind it...it started working.  I worked with it for 5 or 10 minutes (as it kept starting/stopping), but finally got it to run.  It ran for 3 days non-stop.  On Saturday morning I noticed it had stopped during the night, so I wound it and it ran again.  Last night, before bed-time, I gave it some hand-winds to get it through the night.  A little while later I noticed it had stopped again.  This time, I was not able to get it to run.  This morning I tried again, but no luck.  The seconds hand (by 9:00) will not budge.

I would certainly appreciate thoughts on what could be causing this problem.  More importantly, what I would most appreciate is some recommendations on people associated with this forum who will work on replica watches (especially the 7750 movement in the Omega).  I would like to send it to an expert to try and diagnose and fix the watch.

Thank you for reading my post.  I look forward to advice.

Edited by xzhync

I know 3 persons bewteen here and RWG.bz that could service it (most probably it's just dirty) but they may fear problems as you're a noob here and not a "VIP" (those that have upgraded their accounts and pay a small fee to be part of the forum, in order to support it).

One is SSteel (and it's around here too), one is Joran on rwg,bz (not sure if he services also the chrono anyway) and another one is UK Watch Services (which is a trusted dealer on rwg.bz).

Try contacting them, but, as I wrote, I can't assure they'll deal with you as you're not known around here.

I know 3 persons bewteen here and RWG.bz that could service it (most probably it's just dirty) but they may fear problems as you're a noob here and not a "VIP" (those that have upgraded their accounts and pay a small fee to be part of the forum, in order to support it).

One is SSteel (and it's around here too), one is Joran on rwg,bz (not sure if he services also the chrono anyway) and another one is UK Watch Services (which is a trusted dealer on rwg.bz).

Try contacting them, but, as I wrote, I can't assure they'll deal with you as you're not known around here.

Thanks GenTLe.  I appreciate your advice and info.  I apologize for being a noob.  Back when I got the watch (and several other replicas) I believe I was a member of this forum, but probably not a VIP member.  I had given up on the watch, but when I got it running (for a few days) I got excited about it again.  It would be great to work with someone local (I live in SE Michigan, a bit north of Detroit) or someone in the U.S.  I could send it back to China, but that always makes me nervous.  Thanks again.  Perhaps I will try and become a VIP member.

There are not many folks who like to work on the A7750 movements. First off, need to know which one it is. A conventional A7750 that quite a few chronos use is the easiest and most reliable. There are two "time bomb" movements that are variations of the A7750 the first is the sec@6 movement used on modern Rolex Daytona reps, the second is the sec@12 that is used on the AP ROO chrono reps. There are even less who will work on the last two.

One of the big problems is the lack of parts. Genuine 7750 parts are easy to find and relatively inexpensive. The A7750 parts are not readily available, so most of the guys who work on them have a box full of movements that they use for parts.

I would suggest that you go to the watch repair/ mod section of the various forums and PM the watch repair guys and ask if they can work on your movement.

Swapping it out for a A7750 is prob chesper than getting it fixed.

I think clones sell for like a $100 bucks or so.

Where as service/repair will run you 2-3x that.

Of course, a replacement will still be a time bomb but it's your cheapest option.

If you really like the watch and plan on keeping it for a while, swapping it for a ETA7750 is a better option.

They're not cheap though.

Swapping it out for a A7750 is prob chesper than getting it fixed.

I think clones sell for like a $100 bucks or so.

Where as service/repair will run you 2-3x that.

Of course, a replacement will still be a time bomb but it's your cheapest option.

If you really like the watch and plan on keeping it for a while, swapping it for a ETA7750 is a better option.

They're not cheap though.

Thanks!!!  Any idea approximately how much a real ETA7750 movement would cost?  I heard a number like $400.  Is that close or would it be even more?

There are not many folks who like to work on the A7750 movements. First off, need to know which one it is. A conventional A7750 that quite a few chronos use is the easiest and most reliable. There are two "time bomb" movements that are variations of the A7750 the first is the sec@6 movement used on modern Rolex Daytona reps, the second is the sec@12 that is used on the AP ROO chrono reps. There are even less who will work on the last two.

One of the big problems is the lack of parts. Genuine 7750 parts are easy to find and relatively inexpensive. The A7750 parts are not readily available, so most of the guys who work on them have a box full of movements that they use for parts.

I would suggest that you go to the watch repair/ mod section of the various forums and PM the watch repair guys and ask if they can work on your movement.

Thanks.  My A7750 has the seconds @9.  Is that considered the standard A7750?  How does one go about finding a replacement A7750?  

Sad to say but new genuine 25 jewel Eta 7750 from USA supply houses are now around $400 and will probably reach $500 thanks to Swatch jacking prices up and the anticipation of drastically reduced supplies of movements and parts.

Now and then you can find nos 17 jewel Val/Eta 7750 for $200 to $300 but they may be stale from storage and need c/o.

One way to find an 'affordable' Eta 7750 is to buy a rough 'no name' watch with one in it. The catch is it may need service and service may cost more than the watch.

The basic truth is that a genuine Eta 7750 is no longer affordable for budget project watches.

My opinion of the Asian 7750 is that they are one step above junk because of hit or miss QC and no parts. Labor cost to work on an A7750 is the same as a swiss Eta 7750 or more because of ratty fit and finish.

Imho, what the world needs is a quartz chronograph movement with smooth sweeping sub seconds and center seconds like the Bulova Precisionist that will interchange with an Eta 7750.

...along with one to replace the Eta 2824/36/92.

...and one to replace the rolex 3035/3135.

• Like 1

I recently bought a brand new ETA 7750 on eBay. I paid 365.00 USD for it.,it is the elaborate grade.

I agree with Automatico, the A7750 movements are probably the most unreliable movements around. I have had more problems with three or four of these movements than all of the other movements I own combined, around 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently bought a brand new ETA 7750 on eBay. I paid 365.00 USD for it.,it is the elaborate grade.

I agree with Automatico, the A7750 movements are probably the most unreliable movements around. I have had more problems with three or four of these movements than all of the other movements I own combined, around 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your advice and thoughts.  Sounds like I don't have any ideal options.  Either a risky A7750 movement at around $100 plus the cost of switching them out or an ETA 7750 at around $400 plus the cost of switching them out.  Maybe I will keep my eye out on Ebay for a little while to see if I can find the ETA 7750 for the 365 USD that you found yours for. 

Another option is to swap it out with a Sellita SW500. It's turning out be an excellent alternative to the ETA 7750.

What is the current price for a Sellita SW500 movement.  What is a good source to purchase this movement?  Thanks!!!