When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My ROO Krewe

panerai153

This time last year didn't have a single AP. Saw the FC diver , liked it, bought one, rest is history.

attachicon.gifAP group 6-3.jpg

attachicon.gifAP group 6-2.jpg

Lovely collection A. 

You got a watch for every occasion there. Actually, from your choice of APs, I could tell that you have very refined, but conservative tastes in watches.

The FC diver is the only watch to have any color besides black, white, and monochromatic metal themes (steel, gold, etc). I am guessing that you bought it for the forged carbon case more than the yellow :D

Anyhow, you are a guy I openly respect for the pearls of wisdom you dispense from time to time, and your proclivity to express yourself in enlightening, objective and mature manners. I have always enjoyed your posts, A, and now, I see how that collection fits the man to a T. 

Kudos to you for the excellent collection, wear them all well!

Thanks very much guys, This is and amazing place, I learn something new every time I log on here. Another thing that I have found, which is something that we try to impart in noobs when they first arrive, is that if you have intellectual curiosity, the answer is out there!! I quite often read something here, and then "Google" it and you would be amazed at the wealth of information there is out there. Sometimes it's a little difficult to separate the grain from the chaff, but everything increases your knowledge base.

This group of AP's is probably all that I will get, I feel like I have most of the bases covered. The 44mm ROO's are just a little too big for me, so these should fill the bill. I have discovered one thing, I was not liking my ROO chronos at all, just too uncomfortable, and then I tried one with a tang buckle rather than the deployant, made all the difference in the world.

Thanks very much guys, This is and amazing place, I learn something new every time I log on here. Another thing that I have found, which is something that we try to impart in noobs when they first arrive, is that if you have intellectual curiosity, the answer is out there!! I quite often read something here, and then "Google" it and you would be amazed at the wealth of information there is out there. Sometimes it's a little difficult to separate the grain from the chaff, but everything increases your knowledge base.

This group of AP's is probably all that I will get, I feel like I have most of the bases covered. The 44mm ROO's are just a little too big for me, so these should fill the bill. I have discovered one thing, I was not liking my ROO chronos at all, just too uncomfortable, and then I tried one with a tang buckle rather than the deployant, made all the difference in the world.

A, well said

http://www.pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-rose-gold-jf-best-edition-white-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a7750/ Saw this yet buddy? You were asking something about a white face something.. ;)

Don't tempt me Mr A!! I did see that one, it is a really beautiful watch. My question, is this a rep of a real AP or is this a fantasy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear A

To be honest, when I first saw the rep, I thought it was a fantasy. 

Then, someone told me that it was a rep of an actual gen, and I went to do some research and learnt something new..

http://www.time4diamonds.com/shop-online/audemars-piguet/royal-oak-offshore-chronograph-305.html

So yes, this is a rep of an existing, but less known gen.. which means, rare in the wild. Take the plunge already A. 

They don't call you Mr. Moneybags for nothing. ;)

This is certainly one that you wouldn't see every day on the street! I may spring for one later, but I have to get rid of a few. Too many watches, not enough cash!!

This is a tough time for me, Anniversary in Nov, Mrs. A's birthday in early December and then Christmas!! Two grown kids and 5 grandkids so Christmas is a big event for us. (Translated, expensive!!!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...