When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gonna buy my first "rolleeee"

blacktrump

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to rep watches but I have a genuine interest watches at large. I bought my first rep about a year ago (pam111 from BK) and never suffered buyers remorse. I'm thinking of a buying a Rolex preferably a mid size In any one of these:

* oyster perpetual sky dweller

* day date

* milgauss

* explorer

* date just 2

* date just

*sky dweller

I'm hoping the makes in these reps aren't to suspect. Yes I know that at 3-600 U can't have to high expectations, but at least it should be able to turn a few heads. All roads pointed to TT, but If there is any other TD who specializes in these please help me out. Il be happy to see if anyone has pics or experiences with any of these. Why "burn to learn" right?

Thx in advance guyz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed - the SkyDweller is a crap watch in genuine, useless really, and will be crap as a rep. I have a friend with a genuine one, and while I hate it, and people tend to weirdly gravitate toward it and ask questions which might make having it as a rep hard, since the rep doesn't do what he gen does haha.  The Explorer is a really great watch from most TD's and if you're genuinely considering the ubiquitous Datejust I would PM MyManMatt and get one of his. If you can't float that $ I'd say any of the others from a good TD will be fine, if you can afford it swing a genuine ETA. The Asian movements are fine too, but something about keeping it "swiss" seems to make it more real for me...

Nice selection there, The first choice I would make if I were you is on the size as you have watches in that list between ≈36mm and ≈41mm. 
If you choose the smaller watches you also have the choice of vintage or modern models (vintage for those may require a build not a buy though).

Best of luck for your first rolex

Mymanmatt's build are only mid size - dj 2 you would have to look at noob for that. I have one and it is, bar the crystal, an excellent rep. There is some debate over whether the rep will accept gen crystal - I haven't braved trying yet!

The Explorer 1 is a beautiful watch but considering the simplicity nobody had really done it justice yet. J12 just released an updated version and I wasnt particularly impressed considering the price tag (in the region of $400)

I would also consider an Oyster date from tudor - nice and easy to franken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ssouthall6