When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building the Cosmograph Daytona

jack3

Hello RWG.

I am trying to build the amazing Cosmograph Daytona.

It will be a semi-genuine (or semi-replica if you like :p)

i will use a genuine steel daytona of 2005 as a base.

And i need a high quality dial and bezel.the only way is to take it off a replica right?

is there any copy of this watch worth taking the bezel and dial or will ruin the genuine daytona you think?

all opinions are welcome

cheers

Rolex-Cosmograph-Daytona-2013-Platinum-W

thats exactly right.i want to use a gen steel daytona and make it look like the platinum cosmograph.but i am thinking would it be worth it in terms of quality?

gen dial and bezel of the platinum are impossible to find so they would have to come off a replica.but as far as i am concerned there is not  a good rep avaliable for this model.or maybe there is?

cheers

guys you are completely right.its not worth it if you think of it..but this damn listing caught my eye so badly

http://www.chrono24.com/en/rolex/daytona--platinum-face--id2984474.htm?query=rolex+platinum+face&dosearch=true&searchexplain=1&resultview=list&dosearch=true&urlSubpath=/search/index.htm

its a normal boutique with gen watches (and expensive ones) selling this.

i contacted them about this they told me the dial and bezel are custom made and put on the watch from them ( i guess they have to come off a replica right?)

what do you think of it

High quality aftmkt 50th anniversary dials and 'chestnut brown ceramic' bezels might be available for late model steel Daytonas but I have never seen them for sale. If you bought new genuine parts (assuming they would sell them...but they will NOT), the dial and bezel would probably cost more than a new steel Daytona including tax and a hooker (with good skin and teeth) for the weekend.

Many people know a guy who can afford stuff like this but he is able to buy stuff like this today because he never bought stuff like this in the past.   :pimp:

• Like 1