When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How many times can you reject a watch based on QC pics?

theflyingdutchman

Hi,

so, how many times can you reject a watch? Based on issues of from the QC pics? Lets say;

1st watch; movement is wong as made of differenet colours? A mix of silver and RG, not just RG...or just silver

2nd watch; sport on the dial and wrong crown...

What do you think?

Dutchy

Interesting question/discussable

Imo 2 rejections are ok, if the third has to be rejected it´s time for a refund or the 4th definitely must be spot on. Must say that on the forums I already saw 5 rejections because of crooked 12 o´clock markers or tilted logo on the AP 15400, the 6th was tip-top spot on, myself I would have given up long before that. Sometimes it´s just the TD that is a bit careless other times really the whole batch of the watches seem to have been produced on a bad Monday and there´s (almost) nothing You can do about.

Just today have seen a terrible Pelagos and another that seemed spot on, so I don´t agree with the whining that we must take it - specially when it´s $500 we´re talking off (not buying a gen either, buying a rep) 

Now You´ll need nerves and patience, it´s when the hobby becomes somewhat complicated between keep on trying, give up the TD or give up the watch at all (temporarily). 2 more to go (and meanwhile don´t go buy a gen).

My experience, the dial of a rep have a "SWISS MADE " words crooked, after the third refusal with same type of defects on dial, in the end I asked the dealer if another dial color have the word "SWISS MADE" straight. After a few days of waiting, the answer was yes, the first batches of black color dial chosen had all written "SWISS MADE" crooked while the silver batches color not. So I decided to train to be more patient and also offer options to the dealer to find a solution that suits both. Unfortunately they are replicas and those damn flaws will always be there.

Sounds like reasonable reasons to reject Dutchy, reject till your patience runs out or the dealers.................. :pardon:

+1

I would give them one change to get the perfect watch for you, if they don't get that watch you go to another dealer. I mean, a little flaw is reasonable but RG and SS when the watch should be the on or the other is just not right..

Oh and welcome back to the rep world my friend :)

Guest rg21044

I recently had an unusually bad encounter with a TD over QC pics. After I rejected the second set they emailed me saying that in essence QC pics were to inform you of what you are going to receive...not for you to use as evidence to reject a watch.

That message was counter to everything I had ever heard before about QC pics.

I recently had an unusually bad encounter with a TD over QC pics. After I rejected the second set they emailed me saying that in essence QC pics were to inform you of what you are going to receive...not for you to use as evidence to reject a watch.

That message was counter to everything I had ever heard before about QC pics.

Oh really, PM the TD.