When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thats how it goes....

Dutchman

Just a couple of days ago I subscribed myself on this forum. Today I saw a nice Spitfire XVII v2 on a dutch trade site. I drove to Amsterdam, fitted the watch on my wrest and took it home. It seems a very nice watch to me, nice and sharp dial and a smooth movement. I am glad I bought it!

You are right. Its not a Spitfire. I bought the watch not in a store, the guy I bought from had the watch from torrobravo or something like that. The watch was to small in his opinion, so I could buy this watch for a good price.

Oke, today I have made the first mod :). The case between the lugs was a little roughly finished, that was disturbing to me... So ik took of the strap and polished the case on these places, first with waterproof sandpaper 2000 and after that a ltlle polish with belgom. Just not to shiny, because the case is with a brushed finish. Pics are folowing, unfortunately I don't have pics from before the polishing.Further looking for a better looking strap with a folding clasp, I think I find one. Waiting for pics from the seller, so I can decide to take it or not. Further I want to lume the 12,3,6 and 9 o'clock markers, they are way less lumed than the hands. And I have to figure out if the datewheel is originally more shiny than the dial, otherways I have to find find a way to give it a more matte finish like the dial. Somebody knows anybody in the Netherlands who can help me with these mods?