When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Automobiles and watches - Gearhead content

Nanuq

From the many discussions about fine automobiles in our wrist check threads, I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.  It's "The Beast of Turin", being started again for the first time in 100 years. 

https://grrc.goodwood.com/race/historic/28-5-litre-fiat-s76-runs-first-time-100-years

Incredible.

This reminds me of the guys that built my E Type race engine, Crossthwaite & Gardner in East Sussex as they build all the old Mercedes SIlver Arrows from drawings/measurements and so including all teh castings, true Artisans for sure.

AJ

:)  I knew you'd be the first one to like this, AJ.

Did you see the size of the piston sitting on the seat frame as the camera panned across the shop?

:o

Artisans, these gents.  I'd never dare wear a white shirt and tie working on my Rover!

That is just awesome.  Gotta love the chain drive.  Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times.  It appears even when this was initially produced that all those parts are hand made.  Like to hear this at home through my sound system.