When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Automatic Winder 4+ bay with secondary drawer

508-Fanatic

Hello all

Looking to see if anyone has input on a good quality 4-6 bay watch winder that won't crap-out after a year or two. It would be a benefit if it had a drawer underneath to store watches currently out of rotation. 

This is the winder that I currently use:

http://www.brookstone.com/watch-winders-quad?bkiid=World_Landing_Page_Watches___Accessories_Watch_Winders|CategoryWidget|618009p&catId=

Any insights would be great, I don't want to go the Orbita spend a billion dollars route...

Thanks

I have had good luck with ace timer. My 4 watch unit is well over 10 years old and still runs. The 8 watch unit is newer and had 1 noisy motor which they senT a replacement for at no charge. So service was solid. Not the best out there but good value. I tried a high end expensive unit that was really quiet and nice looking but only lasted 2 years.

He use to sell mainly on eBay but looks like he is moving to his own store front. http://www.acetimer.com/Watch-Winders

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

I've got a 5 year old Acetimer  that winds 4 and stores 5 more. It's super quiet, reliable, and everyone says that Anthony (the owner) is excellent on after sale service. He was very quick and helpful explaining to me how to tighten the movements when they started running a little too loose.

I've gotten good results from Steinhausen. I bought a 4 winder about 10-12 years ago. About a year ago, the winders started to fail, one by one. I contacted the company about sending it in for repair, they told me that they didn't have parts for the old winders, but gave me a coupon for 60% off a new one that has a lifetime warranty. New one is very quiet, looks really nice and has room to store 2 and wind 4. These are pretty expensive winders, but if they last for a long time and have a 100% replacement warranty, they may be worth the money. I seldom keep watches in the winder, much anymore, rather just  wind, reset and go.