When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with puretime accepting credit cards?

moochie22575

Anyone recently place an order with puretime.com and faced a problem paying with a credit card? 

I have been, what I think a good customer, having purchased 5 watches and two straps over the past year.  I paid credit card the first time, paypal the second.  Just the other day, I paid with a credit card.  Total amount $1073.  Charge went through.  Puretime replies that they want to refund the charge and have asked me repeatedly to pay again using western union or bank transfer.  Despite a slightly higher discount for using either of those methods, I feel safer using credit cards because of the protection they provide.  Anyone else experience this same or similar problem?  Anyone have good experience using western union or bank transfer with puretime and can vouch for their credibility? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Moochie

Had the same problem two days ago with CC except did not get request to pay western union when payment failed.Tried to send an email to sales@xxxxxxxx the only email I could find on the website to query but it just bounced. It's a pity because puretime seems to be one of the only TD that ships fedex/DHL which suits me as our post office is in a mess and somewhat unreliable in SA. Does anyone have an email for puretime?

Puretime's emails are listed on the website.  Keep looking around their site and you'll find them, or PM me and I send you them.  They have a variety of departments with different emails.  I have found all the departments I have ever dealt with to be prompt and responsive. 

My concern was after the charge was processed, not something that was declined on their end first.  Although that did happen to me a number of times until I selected the secondary credit card processor.  That worked on the first attempt. 

I know it smells funny.  They haven't exactly elaborated even after I have asked for a detailed explanation.  I know their English is limited so their messages tend to be brief.  But it would really help if anyone could elaborate on a similar experience or knows with good knowledge what might be happening. 

I just wanted to treat myself to a Christmas gift I had been saving for the year.  Disappointing it seems they won't take the money and follow through. 

I have sent many personal messages to Puretime.  I am sending the messages to the same address I have sent them to before, months before this was even an issue.  I am not dealing with a mirror site.

I have asked explicitly many times for a detailed explanation and replied that I don't understand his explanation of "bank is checking the transactions. we sell replicas."  That doesn't make any sense to me, especially if the charge was authorized by my credit card company.  If there is a problem with them picking up the money, I don't know what it could be.  Also, credit cards charge a fixed percentage, so the total amount shouldn't be an issue. 

Needless to say, I am not going to use western union or bank transfer.  Puretime even said the western union recipient is in "taiwan, where angus has some personal friends."  I know the location they ship from is in guang Zhou city, guang dong, china.  Sadly, I feel it is time to move on to a different dealer.  Can anyone vouch for trustytime? 

@ moochie

If you really are looking to use a different td after this issue, and want to stick with the same watches you have been receiving in the past, you should give ToroBravo a try. Both he and Angus deal Noob reps, and I feel both are typically very easy and pleasant tho deal with. I've not personally dealt with trusty / Andrew, but I've heard he is rather pleasant and reliable as well (despite not having many Noob factory pieces to choose).

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll give them a try.  It is always nice to hear about the different options in terms of dealers out there.  I know most of them get the same product from the same manufacturers, Noob, JF, Z etc. 

If you are interested, I have never ordered from trustytime (Andrew) before, but  I check their site daily and I have sent many messages and questions about various items I considered.  They seem very responsive to questions and seem to update their site with new things every few days. 

Anyone recently place an order with puretime.com and faced a problem paying with a credit card? 

I have been, what I think a good customer, having purchased 5 watches and two straps over the past year.  I paid credit card the first time, paypal the second.  Just the other day, I paid with a credit card.  Total amount $1073.  Charge went through.  Puretime replies that they want to refund the charge and have asked me repeatedly to pay again using western union or bank transfer.  Despite a slightly higher discount for using either of those methods, I feel safer using credit cards because of the protection they provide.  Anyone else experience this same or similar problem?  Anyone have good experience using western union or bank transfer with puretime and can vouch for their credibility? 

Thanks in advance. 

Before anything else, may I ask the site which you have been visiting?

Your experience does not sound typical.