When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Branded speculation (Bergeon demagnetizer)

GenTLe

Just give a look here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331091347329

$_12.JPG

and then here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221029101454

488006465_tp.jpg

40$ vs 528$

Com'on Bergeon...

Let me just to show you what I got from eBay after I bought the cheap one.

Well I actually got this "Swiss made" :rofl: tool:

52ada0cb8e94d68a069b2c9816cc6986.jpg

Look carefully at the biggest sticker (not about the fact that they are cut: I opened the device to reposition a led) and at the box...

Tested this evening on a couple of normal (big enough to work on motorcycle engines) screwdrivers: it works PERFECTLY! Well in the end is a Bergeon :D

Have to say very good value for money!

Edited by GenTLe
  • Like 1

Some of these tools are ridiculously priced. I get that the quality and finish might be better but... I'm looking at a bezel remover, which is just a vice with 4 grips. A generic one is 100€, a Horotec one is 380€. And it's made of the same material and does exactly the same thing.

I bought a $39 set of fako Bergeon type rolex case back dies with a T handle to carry in the car and the 29.5mm die would not fit a genuine rolex case back without slipping if it was very tight. They came in a yellow Bergeon look alike box with some other B-name on it.

Ka-runch!   :cry:

My demag looks like it came out of a 1930s Frankenstein movie with a coil of copper wire painted with Glyptal and wrapped with cloth tape around an oval core of who knows what attached to a black painted block of wood. It has an on/off button that looks like it came from a telegraph ticker. Works fine but I am very careful with it. I paid $1 for it.

Zap!   :crazy: