When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer 1016. The March RJ Built!

rolojack

More magic from RJ, well done!!

My interest is vintage rolex sports, and the 1016 is my favourite.

This one looks great, such a slim and elegant profile!

I don't know about everyone else but I love looking at RJ's watches.

He's also great to deal with, very helpful, reliable and always delivers on what he says.

A real asset to our forum and a great member!

• Like 1

More magic from RJ, well done!!

My interest is vintage rolex sports, and the 1016 is my favourite.

This one looks great, such a slim and elegant profile!

I don't know about everyone else but I love looking at RJ's watches.

He's also great to deal with, very helpful, reliable and always delivers on what he says.

A real asset to our forum and a great member!

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words !!! I am glad you still appreciate the watch I built for you.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the "old" cases with the 18k stamp on the back of one lug are no longer available.  The cases I've been getting for the past several months have no 18k stamping but unfortunately, for you anyway, the "dimples" are a bit higher on the lug.  But, being higher makes it easier for me to relocate the holes...  I have begged for cases before the lug dimples were made and have been told that unless I wanted to order a huge batch no changes could be made.

Unfortunately the "old" cases with the 18k stamp on the back of one lug are no longer available.  The cases I've been getting for the past several months have no 18k stamping but unfortunately, for you anyway, the "dimples" are a bit higher on the lug.  But, being higher makes it easier for me to relocate the holes...  I have begged for cases before the lug dimples were made and have been told that unless I wanted to order a huge batch no changes could be made.

The cases I have modded so far never had the 18k stamp on the mid case, just the backcase. So, this means you had 3 types right? 18k stamped, the ones I used and your "enhanced" version. The one I can't use is the latest.

• 2 weeks later...