When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DELETE ! admin delete the entire topic !

rolli

mate, I'm not a newbie... you can find me on RWI and RG

You used a flawful Noob 000 dial to make your dial, not a gen... sorry

Here to compare with a gen 000 dial

Pam000-3.jpg

30w2l8g.jpg

Background colour/finish and layout of a 005 dial from Vannic

1.JPG

Interesting... What I see here in these pictures is different gen dials, with different thickness of font, numbers and indexes, no doubt from different years of production. The pictures you show prove Rolli's and FGD's point. Thanks for sharing them.

• Like 1

It would be great if Rolli could take some side by side comparison pics of his 000 dial next to the gen one he has, seems the logical thing to do for this thread. Oh, but at the right distance of course. ;)

• Like 2

Got it, so if you guys want your gen dials to look gen on photos go find yourself a 50,000 euro camera.

What a joke. Can't even take that his dial has fat fonts.go ahead fellas.

Remember it's not HIS dial, it's YOUR camera. :lol:

Bozz ain't a Noob.

We hear the term "1:1" all day long from the rep factories and Rolli is frankly worse as he is unable to fathom that somehow his products may have flaws.

Better luck next time Rolli.

Sent from the my iPhone using Tapatalk s

Interesting... What I see here in these pictures is different gen dials, with different thickness of font, numbers and indexes, no doubt from different years of production. The pictures you show prove Rolli's and FGD's point. Thanks for sharing them.

Grimlocktime, not sure how you see that.

Top dial is Rollis dial.

Middle dial is gen dial.

Bottom dial is 005 where it seems Rolli gathered his fat font indices from.

With all do respect they are different.

only customers got the photos.

you are not a customer, and the other both guys also not,

so.

no further post here from you all is required and necessary.

have nice life

rolli

Prove it, show your dials side by side with the gen.

A customer of yours already showed your dial and its filled with flaws.

Anyone got a fancy camera to loan the man? :lol:

Congrats you've copied the rep dial. :lol:

And at a cool $400 you can get the wrong indices and a nice copy of the replica dial. :clap:

Oh and you got the inside of the 2 on the bottom half incorrect. It is too fat on the indices on the stroke downwards from the curve at the top of "2" and therefore the line on the inside of the bottom of "2" isnot clean and distinct. Even the rep dials did that better.

No need for more photos. Your customer posted plenty.

Gen dials:

381dcde79f736b2170da409f506be579.jpg

38f2b37b22d378d061ad2369c585e6a6.jpg

Rolli dial:

a542fbfc70110634b6bf20660a46a2bf.jpg

6b994a5f6d6e343f871c287662d469ad.jpg

542ad69b7f7558577b9e7f427796f551.jpg

ca9893d5dc8a4fda94ed6fded1f6139f.jpg

e26d3d7469c38f8cea0d46cc7d48cae7.jpg

845e48f06cb8f58f55ece88ebe0adc45.jpg

23e42162d903c5307d8ee2c57fe37b1d.jpg

1409b99c225ee649aa657368377a91fb.jpg

e85e25a7adbaebb68cd58e2a0cbdee9b.jpg

de8a139f7d4c15d8fd0386fee68881f5.jpg

So here it is: Rolli's 000 Dial and hands set, installed in a 000 Noob V3 case. The difference is quite obvious. On the comparison pics, Rolli's dial is always on the left. Enjoy!

• Like 1

I do not normally get involved in these threads when quality is called in to question. And i have no opinion on the dial itself because i am no expert in these particular type of dials. But if i spoke to potential customers like this about the dials i make, i would no longer sell any dials !! Also i am a photographer and while taking a dial shot or wristi with a mobile phone camera or compact close up will distort the image slightly it is a uniform distortion not certain parts of the image. You don't need a hasseblad to take technically good photographs. You just need a decent size dslr sensor and the proper lens, in the case of photographing watches wolithout distortion then anything longer than an 85mm will do just fine.

• Like 3

Rolli projects can produce a pretty good replica dial, 036 is a great example. This 000 project may not be as good in replication of the gen like the 036 was, but all these rep dial projects are still just replicas and will have some inherent flaws (regardless of the Swiss oem marketing attempts and pricing), just part of the rep game as these are replica dials.

I do find it interesting though to see a grumpy old German guy try and play the Asian replica game. Somewhat entertaining at times, although hard to watch at the same time. :lol:

---name edited by Nanuq---

• Like 1

Hi, customer here. First of all, I found this image of a 000 gen dial over at Risti (albeit a G series with the L SWISS L instead of L SWISS MADE L), and I’m combining it with one of my Rolli vs Noob comparison pics. It’s Rolli left, Noob in the middle and gen to the right.

Secondly, I’m sad to see this is all getting a bit nasty and personal in this thread. Let me stress that I’m not here to offend anyone, or defend anyone's behavior. As a matter of fact, I think most people are sensible enough to make their own judgement. While I’m not an expert myself, leaving room to those who are, I do like to point out a couple of things. Merely to share my own, sincere impressions.

1. I am satisfied with the dial I got. Leaving aside the issue if it’s worth the money or not – this will always be a matter of personal consideration

2. To be fair, having held both dials in my hands, the Rolli dial IS very different from the (Noob) rep dial. Not only does the lume application have a completely different structure – more flat (i.e. more sunken in the dial) – but also take a look at the spacing in ‘LUMINOR’. It can be clearly seen in the ‘MIN’ part. Same for spacing in PANERAI.

3. The spacing in PANERAI and LUMINOR on Rolli’s dial is closer to this gen dial, and in fact all other 000 dials I have seen so far.

4. The shape and fatness of the numerals is a little bit harder for me to judge – perhaps others may chime in here. Based on this gen dial, I would say Rolli’s dial is closer (take a look at 2 and 6, or the inner space of 9. The big, visible difference, however (let’s not forget these are micro pics), is the way the lume is applied. The rep dial really has ‘sausages’ on them (Rolli’s doesn’t) and of course the lume shines much brighter when lit.

I hope this helps a bit.

fa99baa5085b561e2d6fc6bf9b612257.jpg

V, my friend, I know the dial I quoted above is an 005 dial. But it is indicative of the early 2000s era Panerai dials that had thicker indicies. The more recent versions are definitely thinner and more uniform.

Case in point on the dial Abba posted.

EC47ABB0-4255-46D4-860D-A7EB004B47C2_1.j

Is Rollis dial thicker than the gen of that era? It appears so, but I can get by that because I know the quality of Rolli and FGDs efforts. They are truly every bit as high quality as a genuine dial. I have held many.

We've gotta keep in mind these aren't some back door, [censored], dime-a-dozen rep dials. These are the result of an extreme commitment of time and resources on behalf of a few very motivated collectors. They have succeeded in producing a dial on par in quality and standards with the genuine dials. For serious collectors and builders, this should be celebrated.

Those that can discern the value will buy and enjoy, those that can't wont. Congrats to Rolli and FGD. Once again beautiful work. Looking forward to many more projects to come. (Especially a 1A or 22b hint;) )

Edited by Grimlocktime
  • Like 1

I just re-read the whole thread and what I see here is  a parade of grumpy egos, nothing less nothing more. Sad to see this coming from long, established and reputable members. On the other hand it's funny how those who defend rolli are those who bought his dials and those who detract him are those who didn't. Is that really a coincidence?

I could care less to compare 20.000 pics that are shot in different light conditions, with different cameras, lenses and distance from the object, enlarged or shrunk to appear the same resolution when they aren't, and besides showing dials of different series. Even in the same series a very tiny variation in the finer detail is possible, even for the mighty swiss makers.

The indices appear to be fatter than some of the gen pics shown, so what? This remains the absolute best result achieved so far in replicating a 000 dial. You might want to buy it or not, nobody is forcing anyone. Fact is that every batch has been sold out despite this awful job of bashing the seller.

I get that rolli could reply in a less harsh way, but I also get he dedicated years (and most likely a discrete sum of money) to achieve these results and sell them to a few enthusiasts, not to defend himself from these repeated accusations. 

Please stop the mud slinging and enjoy the hobby :)

• Like 2

Thanks Kilowattore for your grown up input.

I'm also hacked off with the less than friendly tone in this thread ....I thought RWG was supposed to be the Friendliest Watch Forum on The Planet !

As Rolli's "silent' partner on these projects I choose to stay in the background, but there's been a pretty miserable assault on Rolli's motives and character here and that's not on.

I don't control Rolli or try to , neither do I necessarily agree with everything he says or believes. We've had disagreements but understand each other better as a result , that's how partnerships work.

I do know that his desire to make dials is because he is absolutely and totally passionate about Panerai and is about as true a hobbyist you'll find on this forum or any other.

This 000 dial was a labour of love for Rolli , not my personal taste as I have ample base dials in my collection and there is only one "King" 201/A as far as logo dials go.

He had the desire and means to do it , so he made a very very limited run and made available to those who wanted it.

There's been a few assertions that these are copies of a Noob dial , Asian made dials , large profits being made , people being misled etc etc, but as partner , I invest half of the production costs and have records of every single invoice and payment received so it's time to state a few home truths for those who are bothered to know:

- Every single step of the manufacturing of these dials is done in Switzerland , the only parts made in Asia are the Pre-V hands from Helenarou - which I purchased without lume many years ago.

- If you take the money Rolli and I have invested and divided it by the number of dials we have each received from these projects - we have paid more than double per dial than what we sell them for !

- I conservatively estimate that Rolli has invested over 1000 hours of his own time in the last 12 months to make these projects a reality and paid meticulous attention to detail every step of the way.

- In each production run , despite the highest standards and precautions, there are dials with flaws , so on these very small runs, the yield is far less than expected and as such there has not been enough dials to make a profit.

- All the money that has been raised from sales , has been re-invested in the next dial production, which is why these dials are made WITHOUT pre-orders and requests for deposits from people. We actually don't want to take anyone's money until we're satisfied we have a dial ready so pay all the costs upfront ourselves.

As FGD , I made hundred of dials and hands for the members of this forum and due to my inferior production methods was to able to offer these are far lower prices than Rolli's.

In the end though, poor yields , production problems , delays and the deluge of PM's and emails you receive made me call it a day. I just could not get the standard of dial I and others wanted this way.

Rolli took up the gauntlet and used his engineering and business skills to build a network of high end Swiss contacts and asked if I wanted to go into partnership with him.

The results are what you see today.

So there you have it .

For those of you who have been great supporters , bought dials , gave advice but most of all enjoyed these projects , thank you.

For those who want to b1tch and moan about someone's "charity" work then try Jack Warner , he's got a lot more questions to answer.......

FGD

• Like 3

Well said FGD and Kilo.

As a Franken builder and modder I am always seeking things to make my watches special. To take them to the next level. And the Rolli/FGD dials more than suceed in that mission.

I have a tremendous amount of reverence and repect for the amount of time and MONEY that's invested by R and S in these projects. If you feel the need to troll or poke the bear keep that in mind. How would you feel if you had just invested tens of thousands of Euro and years developing contacts to produce these gorgeous dials... Probably a little defensive.

Let's keep it positive (on both sides) and have a little respect for the effort invested.

• Like 1

lost enough time in polemics, you could distract Rolli and during this time theren't deal of new series dials.
I look forward to complete my Rolli dial collection.
Make us dream Rolli, you wouldn't have information to show us?
Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009,
Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Kilowattore for your grown up input.

I'm also hacked off with the less than friendly tone in this thread ....I thought RWG was supposed to be the Friendliest Watch Forum on The Planet !

As Rolli's "silent' partner on these projects I choose to stay in the background, but there's been a pretty miserable assault on Rolli's motives and character here and that's not on.

I don't control Rolli or try to , neither do I necessarily agree with everything he says or believes. We've had disagreements but understand each other better as a result , that's how partnerships work.

I do know that his desire to make dials is because he is absolutely and totally passionate about Panerai and is about as true a hobbyist you'll find on this forum or any other.

This 000 dial was a labour of love for Rolli , not my personal taste as I have ample base dials in my collection and there is only one "King" 201/A as far as logo dials go.

He had the desire and means to do it , so he made a very very limited run and made available to those who wanted it.

There's been a few assertions that these are copies of a Noob dial , Asian made dials , large profits being made , people being misled etc etc, but as partner , I invest half of the production costs and have records of every single invoice and payment received so it's time to state a few home truths for those who are bothered to know:

- Every single step of the manufacturing of these dials is done in Switzerland , the only parts made in Asia are the Pre-V hands from Helenarou - which I purchased without lume many years ago.

- If you take the money Rolli and I have invested and divided it by the number of dials we have each received from these projects - we have paid more than double per dial than what we sell them for !

- I conservatively estimate that Rolli has invested over 1000 hours of his own time in the last 12 months to make these projects a reality and paid meticulous attention to detail every step of the way.

- In each production run , despite the highest standards and precautions, there are dials with flaws , so on these very small runs, the yield is far less than expected and as such there has not been enough dials to make a profit.

- All the money that has been raised from sales , has been re-invested in the next dial production, which is why these dials are made WITHOUT pre-orders and requests for deposits from people. We actually don't want to take anyone's money until we're satisfied we have a dial ready so pay all the costs upfront ourselves.

As FGD , I made hundred of dials and hands for the members of this forum and due to my inferior production methods was to able to offer these are far lower prices than Rolli's.

In the end though, poor yields , production problems , delays and the deluge of PM's and emails you receive made me call it a day. I just could not get the standard of dial I and others wanted this way.

Rolli took up the gauntlet and used his engineering and business skills to build a network of high end Swiss contacts and asked if I wanted to go into partnership with him.

The results are what you see today.

So there you have it .

For those of you who have been great supporters , bought dials , gave advice but most of all enjoyed these projects , thank you.

For those who want to b1tch and moan about someone's "charity" work then try Jack Warner , he's got a lot more questions to answer.......

FGD

well said

lost enough time in polemics, you could distract Rolli and during this time theren't deal of new series dials.

I look forward to complete my Rolli dial collection.

Make us dream Rolli, you wouldn't have information to show us?

Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009,Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009, Pre-A & Pre-A 001/004 Pre-A 002/009,  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see an 002/009 Pre A dial too ;)

BOZZ

GBOGH

civic4992

all your stements are totally wrong,

if one has no idea and no knmowledge you should rather say nothing.

i think  you are all noobs

rolli

Ok mate, well said, I 'll shut up after this post. I appreciated very much your PreV, PreA and 36 dial, but this one imho is a flop.  But if you feel you've done a good job and your customers are satisfied, the problem does not arise.

Considering the price you ask for is very close to a gen dial price, I demanded greater accuracy, as you did in the past.

As example, the problem is not just the fat fonts (available only in the 000 G-series as I know). If you go to check out, you will notice that the 3 index is different between 005 and 000.

In the 005 dial, the upper rod is slightly short, while in the 000 dial, the upper rod is flush with the lower hook.

My criticism is not intended to defame your business or person. But when you propose a product of high quality and very expensive, I demand the utmost care in every detail.

Regards

Edited by Bozz