When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches In Thailand

huxley

Hi. I'm heading off to Thailand this Friday for a week or so and will be in Bangkok. Anyone know of a good place to buy a high-grade replica rolex and other watches. I understand that MBW's are among the best, but very hard to get. I'm basically looking for the highest quality replica available and welcome any advice.

Thanks, Huxley

Guest leonado

MBWs are very easy to get in Bangkok at MBK (Mahboonkong) shopping center on ground floor. I have always paid from 5.500 baht (150 US$) for an explorer I to 6.500 baht (180 US$) for a modern sub or sd, 7.250 baht (200 US$) for the vintage models up to 9.500 baht (265 US$) for nautilus jumbo 42 mm or royal oak jumbo 42 mm size.

I will send you a floor plan of mbk with the watch shop marked in so you can find it.

Have a great holiday. You will love it in Thailand!

L

Edited by leonado

I was in MBK shoppingmall 2 weeks ago. The whole 3rd floor is kind of a replica floor. Not only watches but also jeans, polo's, shoes, bags etc. Most watches you see are not the high-end replicas we are used to, but... at some watch"shops" if you ask for Swiss ETA replicas they show you a few. You really have to ask for it because they are not displayed. Some also have high-end Asian replicas with the asian 7750 movement. For example i saw the IWC GST Ti a few times.

You can get to MBK by taking the BTS Skytrain, Silom Line, station: National Stadium, but you can also take the Sukhumvit line, station Siam, visit the Siam Paragon and Siam Centre shoppingmalls and walk to the MBK. They are kind of connected to eachother.

Enjoy your time in Thailand, wish I could back there soon, loved it! :victory:

MBWs are very easy to get in Bangkok at MBK (Mahboonkong) shopping center on ground floor. I have always paid from 5.500 baht (150 US$) for an explorer I to 6.500 baht (180 US$) for a modern sub or sd, 7.250 baht (200 US$) for the vintage models up to 9.500 baht (265 US$) for nautilus jumbo 42 mm or royal oak jumbo 42 mm size.

I will send you a floor plan of mbk with the watch shop marked in so you can find it.

Have a great holiday. You will love it in Thailand!

L

When you're at MBK, how do you get the MBW version? Do you specifically request swiss? I could never really communicate very well with the girls in the booths...so they always show me those fantasy pieces...I tell 'em NO, I want the best they have -- like in the pictures that they show...and I ususally get that...mai meeeeeee....NOT HAVE....so i just smile and move on...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...as I'll also be there soon and am looking to score some vintage subs...

cheers

Guest leonado

It is easy. At any shop ask to see their best quality "swiss copy" or "eta swiss". They will know what you mean. Dont ask for "mbw". Nobody knows what that means.... Mbw is the creation of one man's imagination.

Dont bother with the catalogs. I never look in those damn things in all my 15 trips to bangkok. Those catalogs will identify you as a sucker....

Anyway, they will present you with their swiss version or possibly jap. version of whatever model you request. Take your time and study it carefully. If they don't know you and think you are a tourist they will hand you second or third quality to test you. Don't fall for it. Hand it back and tell them: "not good enough, you have better?" You have to know your [censored] though!!! After some [censored] routine you will eventually get best quality. If not, walk away. That can sometimes open doors and other things...BE PERSISTENT!!!!

The shop I recommend on ground floor of mbk has the vintage rolex that everybody here wants. They are not on display. You have to specifically ask for them and then the shop will take 1-3 days to assemble them. So you have to come back later and pick them up. Inconvenient but well worth the hassle as you will get the best vintage for a super price.

L

Edited by leonado

Yes Thailand or China .............. spot the tourist..............

Yup...well after about 21 trips, I guess I am still a tourist since my skin color is wrong... and still a novice on getting the elusive best reps...I gave up on the catalogs years ago...its still fun to see what they say and pull out from underneath...

My question though still remains as to how to find the elusive MBW vintage sub without having to go through George...

cheers

It means he opened their catalogue, pointed at the gen watch pic and they said they didn't have the rep. A common occurrence.

Thx Pug...those catalogs are fun though...wishful thinking...

Those catalogs will identify you as a sucker....

Anyway, they will present you with their swiss version or possibly jap. version of whatever model you request. Take your time and study it carefully. If they don't know you and think you are a tourist they will hand you second or third quality to test you. Don't fall for it. Hand it back and tell them: "not good enough, you have better?" You have to know your [censored] though!!! After some [censored] routine you will eventually get best quality. If not, walk away. That can sometimes open doors and other things...BE PERSISTENT!!!!

The shop I recommend on ground floor of mbk has the vintage rolex that everybody here wants. They are not on display. You have to specifically ask for them and then the shop will take 1-3 days to assemble them. So you have to come back later and pick them up. Inconvenient but well worth the hassle as you will get the best vintage for a super price.

L

Awesome....Thank you L for your words of wisdom and for sharing your experience! I will definitely give it a go...just waiting for the damn dolloar to gain back some ground on the baht...I remember when it was around 44 to the dollar...now its 35....

cheers

Guest leonado

the shops on 3rd floor have some decent watches even some eta swiss but the vintage that you want can only be had on ground floor from one shop and one shop only! pm me for further details!!!

the euro was at 1 to 50 baht....but at least my wife's fixed term baht deposit appreciated nicely

21 trips to TH. R u US based??? Cause that is one hell of a long trip.....

L

Edited by leonado

My question though still remains as to how to find the elusive MBW vintage sub without having to go through George...

I go thru George.

As with anything lese I buy, I am aware that if I eliminate the middlemen, or do the job myself, I can save money - maybe.

Or maybe I will just waste a shitload of my valuable time, thereby pissing away potential income, trying to save a few bucks.

Bill doesn't do mechanical work . . . Bill can, but others do it better, and cheaper.

Bill doesn't do his own plumbing . . . Bill can, but others do it better and cheaper, not to mention a certain do-it-yourself disaster many years ago.

Bill doesn't intend to fly to Bankok, screw around with people who may or may not show me the watches I want, hope to get the right thing ordered, so I can come back in a few days to pick it up and then try to sneak it thru Customs, even if I can thereby deprive George of a little of my money.

Last month, I sent George about $2500, I bought at least one watch that I have never seen advertised anywhere and had no idea existed, I am going right on with the business of making a living, and I have absolute faith that my watches will arrive at my door, as was the case with the dozen or so I have bought before.

Plus, I got to chat with George - and I like chatting with George.

Bill

Guest leonado

We are by nature hunters and gatherers, aren't we???

For me, there is nothing like hunting down some reps in good ole MBK on my holidays...don't see any reason to fork over any cash to George, albeit he might be a most pleasant fellow...

L

We are by nature hunters and gatherers, aren't we???

For me, there is nothing like hunting down some reps in good ole MBK on my holidays...don't see any reason to fork over any cash to George, albeit he might be a most pleasant fellow...

L

A-HAH! You have made my point.

You do it for the hunt, not the watch -- that I can surely agree with.

As my patient little wifey has pointed out to me so many times, "Don't talk about going "fishing," if you wanted fish, we would go to Krogers, you have spent more money on, and operating, that boat than it would cost us for a Long John Silvers franchise."

In fact, were it not for fear that I'd give the afore said patient little wifey a reason to make like a crazy little Colombian woman, I could think of LOTS of reasons to go to Thailand. Ya know, maybe you have shown me the way . . . I'll tell her I need to go to Thailand so I can quit sending money to George (she would like that part a lot).

On the other hand, somebody might snitch me out, and there I'd be, a middle aged fat man looking for a job singing soprano in a boy's choir.

Bill

Tech's avatar is enough to stop my clock.

All I can say is, whomever is sleeping with that could not possibly be enjoying her enough!

Bill

I think we have officially hijacked this thread! :whistling:

Yes, I will admit that George is a pleasant and easy person to conduct a transaction with however, for those of us that routinely frequent the LOS and make an MBK stop, sounds like a no brainer to spend a little holiday time and score a decent rep...at a signifcant cost savings.

...sheesh, I waste er spend more hours with my ace glued to the chair reading the posts on this board as that is my hobby and part of my enjoyment... :type:

I guess I could have saved a lot of time by just plunking down my cash to George and waited for the postman to deliver m goods. :wallbash:

silly me